Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Is the cast of Star Trek last "classy" than others? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Is the cast of Star Trek last "classy" than others?
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for those of you who saw the new episode of Frasier, you'll notice the lack of *beep* sound or "swears" when a N.G. (or blooper, screw-ups) happened during the shoot.

However, we've seen more then enough profanities coming out the actors and actresses from the Star Trek shoot when N.G. occurs.

So, folks, are Star Trek cast last "educated" or "classy" then other T.V. shows?

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh ... you're comparing a comedy to a drama? I don't think we've got enough evidence to base this conclusion on, B.E. My initial reaction would have to be, "no." They swear a little ... dear God! Don't tell Omega!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There have been some Star Trek specials in the past that included blooper footage and so forth.
IP: Logged
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comedy? Drama?

I meant they swear "offstage" when they screw-up a line and have to re-take again.

I don't think in this case whatever type of show they're filming matter to the frequency of their swearing.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But in th' case of comedies, they've usually got a studio audience so they'll does their bess not t'offend ennyone. Whuffo''d someone on a closed set care eff'n someone heard them say "fuck! Fry mah hide!" eff'n they fucked up? Look, use of swarin' ain't a sign of ejoocayshun o' whut-not. Degrees are.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

BlueElectron
Member # 281

???

Jeff, is there any possibility that you're infact speaking "l33t"??

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm just having a lot of fun with that 'dialect' website.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, and it causes your posts to make about as much sense as... well, as BE's first post in this thread. What the hell are we talking about?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hell, I don't even know. Apparently, B.E. thinks 'Star Trek' actors are uneducated swine.

That's just a guess, though.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never heard of a "N.G" referring to a mistake before. Blooper, cock-up, flupsie, whoopsie, tits-up, and others, but not "N.G". What's it mean anyway? "Naughty gump"?

(Also Bluey, I think you mean "Less classy" rather than "last classy".)

How would watching a new episode of Frasier (or Enterprise) tell you about mistakes they've made during the shoot anyway? They tend to take them out of the episode.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, everything is filmed, even the bloopers. But as far as the cast of Enterprise being classy...well I think that is a stupid question. Of course no one really is classy, everyone is human on Earth. Even Kelsey Grammmer has done bad things like crash a $90,000 car up in Hollywood Hills. And let's not go through Shatner's faults. But why should we really care if they are classy or not. They breathe, they drink, they sleep, they love, and they bleed like everyone else.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know they're filmed. I mean they're not normally shown during an episode.

Frasier: Niles! Were you drinking the 1982 chat, er, thingy?

Niles: Ha! Kelsey! You cocked up! You're a pig-fucker!

Frasier: Why'd you say that David?

Niles: Well, first of all, you fuck pigs!

Frasier: I do believe you're right. But let's get back to the show, okay?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

BlueElectron
Member # 281

They've shown bloopers for both Star Trek (VOY, DS9 and TNG) and Frasier.

And it seem that Star Trek cast swears alot more then the Frasier cast.

I'm not sure for the cast of Enterprise though, because I haven't seen any "bloopers" from them yet.

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, maybe the Enterprise cast doesn't have to swear a lot...maybe the tell a lot of raunchy jokes. If Joalene Blalock really likes sex that much, the info she gave in her Maximum Magazine interview and photo spread, then I would think there would be a jokes flying around or some kind of naughty banter.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And it seem that Star Trek cast swears alot more then the Frasier cast."

I think there's only one thing I can say about that: Whoopdee-fucking-doo.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps