Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » "Swordfish" ($$$) & 9/11 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Swordfish" ($$$) & 9/11
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, but that comment just flew over the top of my head.
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think many people are surprised.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rather than insult me, why don't you tell me what he meant.
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he means that if you'd watched 'The Lone Gunmen' and remembered a particular scene you'd've known what he meant.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course that's what I meant. It's what I said, nearly verbatim.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yes, I'm aware of that. MIB asked it to be explained to him. ::shrug::

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be nice children.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yes mother.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this dreary little film this morning.

First, a correction. The stolen money is from the DEA. According to the story, the DEA created numerous phony companies as a front launder proceeds from drug sales and gather intelligence. The operation, known as Operation: Swordfish, was terminated in 1986. Amount in account was approximately $400 million. The money sat in an account for 15 years gathering interest. In 2001, amount was estimated at 9.5 billion.

I think I got the moral of this story. People who fight terrorism in the name of their country's values may themselves become terrorists. An important reminder in this time of "America's New War".

As for Ms. Berry's breasts, they appear natural which is a good thing.

I don't recommend the film. The central idea, which is mentioned above, is buried under a lot of attitude, explosions, and poor expository writing. This last is an irony for the film opens with Gabriel discussing the flaws of current movies and listing every one of the flaws of this film.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lone Gun Men is/was (still showing here in Australia) A GREAT SHOW! I love/loved it... It was funny and it didn't take itself too seriously and it had great storylines each week. Great Great show... plus Yves Adel Harlow was mmmmmmmmmmm.

Jimmy was SOOO funny.

Fox are FUCKING IDIOTS.

Harsh Realm, I saw most of the episodes - that too was another good show that had LOTS of potential.

Re: Farscape, I don't think that is a Sci-Fi channel show - it is made by Jim Henson's company in conjunction with Channel Nein here in Australia(they are complete arseholes when it comes to ANYTHING sci-fi - which makes you wonder why they are doing Farscape... they aren't even SHOWING it here in Australia! oh hence the change from Channel Nine to Channel Nein... it emerged on aus.sf.babylon5 and aus.sf.star-trek.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps