Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Why does my scanner hate me? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why does my scanner hate me?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it me, or has Frank been behind the scenes as of late?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik: those girls wouldn't have four legs, a tail and hair/fur with their tongue hanging out as they lie on their back and let you rub their tummies?

If so then . . . Shik's been dating doggies! (Girl ones at that!)

HEHE!

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which would explain what we know about his love life thus far...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My roommate begs for pettting, & she's a Jenova.

And ACtually, PigBoy, THIS is my love life of late. So eat my slightly fuzzy scrotum with bearnaise sauce, muthafukka!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone ever see "Don Juan De Marco"? Don't know what made me think of that.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"My roommate begs for pettting, & she's a Jenova."

Could be worse. She could be a Jenova's Witness...

And I assume you were referring to the cat in the second picture on that page?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the cat, just the pussy.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, to drag this topic back on subject...

I've stumped Visioneer tech support. I've updated Windows, I've updated my drivers, I've deleted and reinstalled EVERYTHING ten times over in every order imaginable, and I've done everything else I can think of. There are three possibilities:

1) My computer is screwed up. Unlikely, seeing as the USB ports work with other equipment.

2) Their software is screwed up. Possible, but you'd think they'd know of corrupted CDs in a batch of scanners. Unless, of course, this is an uber-new model, which is possible.

3) Their hardware is screwed up. Seeing as the program that's giving me trouble, ppscanmg, or Scan Manager, contacts the scanner first thing after being run, this is quite likely.

Unless they come back with any better ideas, I'm returning it for a refund. So... I need a new scanner.

And where the FRELL is my laptop?! Two to three days, my left kneecap...

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wanted to get a tech support job for like a day (depending). Anyway, as people started describing their problems to me I'd say something like this in complete sincerity:

Customer: "Allright it's a Intel Pentium 2 and I have Windows 95."

Tech Support:"Ah, well there's your problem right there."

C: "What is?"

TS: "Look, we get this one a lot, here. You're running the wrong operating system."

C: ...

TS: "Yeah what I'd recommend is that you take that kludged and relatively useless pile of junk you've got there and either sell it or set fire to it out in the street.

C: "Uh..."

TS: "Anyway, your best bet is to get over to your local authorized Apple dealer..."

etc.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I presume you've tried obtaining a more up-to-date driver file (probably off their website), but thought I'd mention it just in case.

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Omega
Member # 91

Doesn't seem to be one.

--------------------

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like your taking it back is the best idea.
And always remember computers are here to make your life easier. Just keep telling yourself that.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps