Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » ISA-inquiry from Nim... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: ISA-inquiry from Nim...
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do or do not. There is no try.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, try, try again.
The eternal crossroads, to Retry, abort, or perhaps fail? (this might not make much sense to you youngsters out there...)

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yoda vs. DOS?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And as I am overcome with the spirit of Tim, I am forced to ask: Wasn't it Abort, retry, fail?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I apologize for the resurrection of an old thread, but you'll see there's a reason for it.

I discovered the hard way that ISA is a cult, engaging in coercive mind control, brainwashing, manipulation and verbal abuse, among other things.
They unfreeze your ethical and psychological foundations, suppress and question your old behaviour and attitudes, then refreeze you, this time with their own doctrine on top. It's rather ingeniously orchestrated.

The turning point came when I found www.factnet.org, a website working for awareness and against cults, coercive mind control, thought reform and other things.

My last three months have been the worst in my life.

I have to go to sleep now, it's very late, but I wanted to post this now and open that damn pandora's box, in case I don't have the same guts tomorrow.
I have virtually nobody to talk to, the swedish equivalent of www.factnet.org is taking forever in corresponding with me.

I'll tell you more tomorrow. Unless I get sued, ha ha. Get it? A little scientology-humor there...

Nim
Member # 205

This would perhaps sit better in the Flameboard, now that things have changed.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I'd forgotten what this thread was about, but, since it said "ISA" and talked about computers at the top of this page, I wondered, if ISA is a cult, what does that make PCI and AGP? Then I went back and looked at page 1 and remembered the thread.
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, I think you give yourself too little credit, Nimpim. I don't know what they fed you in the three months you were in contact with ISA, but are you sure you wouldn't have noticed if they told you something really wrong? I mean, the thing to realize is, for something like this to work they'd have to tell you something that could make your life better if it weren't twisted around. With that aside, you should still pat yourself on the back for getting out before you sank too deep and having the awareness to do so. I'll bet that after these three months it'll be harder for anybody to manipulate you again. Now that's not a total waste of time at all, so there's no need to feel bad about it, all right? [Cool]

--------------------
life creation in progress

Nim
Member # 205

You have a good point, Tora. It's good to make sure your feet are on the ground. The thing is, it hurts for me to discover that I've been "processed" through undue influence.

They soften you up before delivering the really heavy stuff, at the last day, so in the end you agree to justifying verbal abuse, psychological child abuse, water/food/sleep-depravation, systematic lying to persons in your life to make them join. And the divulging of your innermost secrets and sins to all the group, to confuse your inner self that wants to protect those things.

The key to getting someone to join is to prohibit the person from making an informed decision. At that point the person has freedom of choice but no information.

Days or weeks of involvement later, after being "love-bombed" and brought into the inner circles in terms of understanding, learning, friendship, purpose and activity a person loses their sense of objectivity, that free choice; the ability to make an informed decision. By this point one has a lot more information, but no longer has freedom of choice.

to weaken the defenses.

I lost 7 pounds my first weekend, had migraines and threw up several times. That was my old psyche fighting a losing battle to stand its ground.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got out on your own. That tells me you're strong-willed, hard to break mentally, and tough as nails character-wise. So whatever the shit you've been going through lately, focus on the fact you beat those fuckers at their own game. In a few years you'll be able to look back on this period of your life with a heartily laugh, which is what *true* actualisation is all about. [Smile]
Nim
Member # 205

Well thank you, "Eric", I'll try to remember that.

It's that I'm worried about my girlfriend, she started six years before me and thinks there's nothing wrong with it.
If I'd had no more strings attached to it, I could walk away clean. But my former therapist and my girlfriend are both supporters of ISA, so I feel like I'm faced with the ancient "have the cookie and eat it".

I must not be melodramatic and make rash decisions, but it's also important I don't trivialize the whole thing. That has earlier led to me several times sliding back into the comfort of the group, where there's no need to make any decisions, just try to be like everyone else.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll excuse me if I don't step backwards in amazement.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niklas, the only advice I can give you is to be careful. More often than not, the harder you try to help, the further you alienate your friend and put his/her back up completely.

I know it isn't much, but you might find some useful information (like tips on how to deal with these issues) here.

Hang in there.

Nim
Member # 205

I know, I'm walking on eggshells...

That's seems to be a good site, thanks.

I had much use of www.factnet.org and
www.myownmind.com.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps