Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » In Memoriam (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Major Barcalow is dead.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is why I no longer frequent the TrekBBS.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. And I really had hoped that he was real. 'Tis a shame.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::sigh::

It's like I just found out there's no Santa Clause...

Well, I suppose I should change my .sig now...

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

This is why I no longer frequent the TrekBBS.

I am no longer a member either.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings to you to, MIB!

Which Flarite do you believe could be Skin of Evil? Darkstar? Omega? [Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sigh. All the major boards suffer from this smurfing bullshit.

Trolls should take up permanent residence at a psychiatric ward. I've never completely understood that particular aspect of the 'net anyway: leading a virtual double / triple / quadruple life. All sorts of categories exist: the entertaining ones (MB), the annoying ones (SoE), the somewhere-in-between-ones... it's the primary reason why I no longer frequent most BBS's I used to be a member of.

I see, btw, that MIB has found himself a new place to stirr up with his... unique perspective on life [Smile]

[ February 13, 2002, 14:18: Message edited by: Cartman ]

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TrekBBS is so worthless though. I estimate trolls and other subhuman forms are about 2/3 of their membership. I cant remember the last time anyone even talked about Star Trek there.. unless it was to flame me because i posted in the TOS board and thats no allowed because i also like TNG.. at one point people told me to stay out of the TOS forum because they checked my page, saw me in a TNG era uniform and called me a 'Bermanite'

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most puzzling thing about TrekBBS is that it's theoretically mainstream... connected to perhaps the most-hit Trek website on the net, hundreds upon hundreds of members. And yet the concentration of psychiatric ward cases is far and away in excess of anywhere else. Indeed, even above and beyond the craziness at the arrogant know-it-all GOP convention that passes as a message board over at TrekWeb.

The most amusing item is the Mussolini-esque thrashings-about on the disciplinary side. An official public warning list, a forum about complaining about Moderators, and all manner of chronic whinging. We could bring back Tachy and we'd still look like a Mai Tai bar in comparison.

I'm a devoted lurker. You get the same feeling of head-shaking satisfaction as you do watching Rollerjam or Jerry Springer. Truly one of the web's special places.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
Member # 709

^ your sig. Heh. I got into a wierd conversation with Leanne about how much that song is creepy to me and you summed up why. I didnt expect she'd like it, making me look like an ass for trashing it.

BTW, i found that Barcalow was Zander's last name from the script of 'Starship Troopers' (he was the guy who got his brain sucked out... irony?). He was a navy lieutenant in the film, but in the CGI series i belive he was referred to as 'Major' as they switched around a lot of the characters.

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The video is something else. She doesn't dance, she doesn't act, she doesn't play with puppies, or even start a drag race Mariah Carey-style. She just shakes her ass. Over and over again. And rolls in the mud and feels herself up.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
Member # 709

On top of everything else the special effects sucked too... but they assumed most people wouldnt be looking at the light source.

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Well, I for one wasn't. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
special effects? I never noticed

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And who made this prediction months ago?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps