Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » In Memoriam (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
And who made this prediction months ago?

<mob>Barrabbas! Barrabbas!</mob>

[ February 13, 2002, 23:06: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vewy well...
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused... is Major Barcalow a real person? If so, is the major a man or a woman?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm not completely familiar with the situation, but after reading that TrekBBS thread, I think I get the idea. There's some guy called SkinofEvil, who apparently is a Troll from some Trollkingdom place (http://pub79.ezboard.com/ftrollkingdomfrm23). He seems to be making up characters like Major Barcalow for fun, perhaps to see peoples' reactions, perhaps to see if he can fabricate a convincing character, but more likely just to make a nuisance of himself and feel big about it.

[ February 14, 2002, 01:59: Message edited by: Jernau Morat Gurgeh ]

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not the whole story. I've been hearing that Skinofevil was an administrator at the TrekBBS and his/her trolling is basically a direct rebellion against Christian.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skin is just some asshole from New York that likes to start as much shit as possible, or at least used to. This is the first thing he's done in a while.

Skin and several others have loaded up on usernames, one guy, Che Grevara, has admited to at least 30 names registered. They all hang out at Troll Kingdom, insulting each other. They used to make plans for invading boards, but I think they must have heard form EZ Board on that, cause it has stopped for the most part.

I don't mention Flare anymore, on any other boards. The first time I did, we ended up with TLE, and DEA and his lovly wife Mrs Chris. (except that his name is Lane). The DEA's are OK, and I don't mind that they found the place because of me, but I regret TLE, and I saw him mention Flare in a post just a few days ago.

[Mad]

For anyone wanting to look:

http://pub79.ezboard.com/btrollkingdom

[ February 14, 2002, 06:49: Message edited by: Kosh ]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see the DEA's and TLE to be good people. They participate in discussions here, they speak in very informed tones, and sometimes they get to be a little funny. I don't see them as trolls, but it appears that they have gotten tired of the large mess that is now the TrekBBS. Oh well.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps