Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My imagination?? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My imagination??
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it my imagination or is getting slower in here now in terms of topics and even posts? Even though according to the Vistor list, the record for the most vistors in one day was in Feb.

What's going on? People losing interest or something?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have noticed that their are times when there are several names on the recent visitors list, but no posting activity.....

Maybe they don't see anything that interests them....

[Un-Paid Endorsement]
If you don't see anything that interests you that is currently being discussed, please, feel free to create a new thread.....
[/Un-Paid Endorsement]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, UP3 and now the rate of new posts in general. There just ain't pleasing some people. [Wink]

It has slowed down a bit in the past few months. The fervor that raged in the Enterprise discussions of last summer and fall have slowed down a good deal. We're not close enough to the Nemesis launch to debate the merits of the newest feature film. Voyager is wrapping up its first-running in Australia and elsewhere. Star Trek has slowed down a bit. It's likely to increase again soon, but I am, for the moment, content to read Flare at a slow pace.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is slowing down, I've notice it too. But sometimes it comes in phases, like I've stopped 3D modelling for a short while, simply because I'm feeling less creative.

But this is the way with all things. Sometimes I eagerly read and digest all posts in here, on other days I skip a lot of them, as I might be tired or not in the mood.

Just the other day I noticed a brand new instance of the Proto-Nebula model and I duly made a screencap of it. It was an appearance of it I've never seen before, not from Sisko's office or from 'Future Imperfect'. I didn't bother to start a thread because I thought, 'would anyone really care...?'

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I try to post on a regular basis on topics that interest me. I've so far helped resurrect oh about 4-6 old threads in my year here (that I can remember) and um . . . yeah have a real life to deal with that sometimes gets in the way of my time and thinking. [Frown]

February you say? Well it was just after Christmas - everyone was probably making use of their new PC's before going back to school, college, university or work . . .

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmm, that should have happened in January.....

On the other hand there have been 2 new members sign up in the past week or two....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think people are uniterested in new topics, too, so that's why they're resurrecting old ones. I think this is only my second post in, like, 5 days.

--------------------
Meh

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simple, really: everyone's decided that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Simple, really: everyone's decided that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. 8)
In other news.....Hell called, they want to buy several pairs of ice skates [Smile]
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mucus, that post just really made me laugh (more so perhaps because I'm watching History of the World, Part 1). [Big Grin]
StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, I had forgotten about this place (I know, *gasp!*) until last night... Life had a hold on me recently. Damn life... But I'm back into the false cyber-world I've come to love. [Smile] Maybe I'll post more this time around too. [Wink]

Another reason for slower posting rates, aren't some colleges and stuff getting ready to let out real soon here? Think last minute papers, projects, studying for exams, etc.

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a ten page paper comparing The Legend of Sleepy Hollow to the Tim Burton remake. Finals are a month off.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have my GCSEs (and one A/S level) starting soon (7th May). I have a French speaking test at 9:30 AM; I can't even speak it that well when I'm awake!!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

But sometimes it comes in phases

It has always been this way. (well, I can't really say "always" since I wasn't on the first board with the others, but it's been this way since I've been around)

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its to be expected.. the Trek boards activity probably peaked at the premiere of Enterprise, and have been tapering little by little ever since, feeding off one new episode at a time and Nemesis spoilers, which arent as intensive as the "Broken Bow" prelude.. especially with all the reruns lately.. you can tell when we're bored with new Trek, we start digging up pictures of studio models and stuff from comics.

The OL & Flameboard of course got a big boost from 9/11, but things are calming down in the world front (not really.. seems like things are pretty damn bad, but theres not as much intense discussion as, say, there was on 9/12).

For the summer lull after the finale of ENT, i plan to start many threads about comic and novel ships, especially since i think that a blueprint guide to non-canon schematics that ive been getting really good at making is in the works for my site (maybe i'll call it UP4.. j/k)

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps