Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Captain Mike ... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Captain Mike ...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom: that's weird, the same thing happened to me. I stopped being able to handle coffee at all. A cup in the morning would keep me awake that night. I was always asking my friends if I could just smell their coffee, I didn't dare drink any myself. Recently I've been able to drink it again, within reason.

But for the most part I don't like hot drinks. Coke is often my tipple of choice, but more than anything I love lime cordial, You know, Rose's, that stuff. Drink it by the pint.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally rarely get the effects of caffine. I can drink (and done this before) whole liters of soda within an hour and go to sleep easily.

I am a big fan of Mountain Dew. In fact right now I am drinking a 24oz Mountain Dew, and in my room somewhere I have awhole cart (12 cases of soda) of Code Red Mountain Dew and regular Dew. Someone said they are coming out with a Purple (or Blue) Mountain Dew in a few months. I am looking forward to that.

Someone told me that on a normal day they will drink Coke but on a hot day (like where I live a nice cool 93 degrees) Pepsi is the way to go.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually go through 2 to 3 liters of Dew a day.... Had to switch to diet after I figured out that that is 8 to 12 ounces of raw sugar..... diabetes runs in my family, sooo, I had to think about that....

As a kid I suffered from insomnia.... not I sleep hard.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee: Was your coffee divorce a gradual thing or not? Mine seemed to happen almost overnight, from unlimited Joe down the hatch with pretty minimal effects on sleep to two before gastric distress. The crowning achievement was way back in high school with 4 litres of coffee in a night. It made me, um, dizzy.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Full of piss and vinegar too.... well, maybe not the vinegar....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hate hot beverages, and coffee never agreed with me, but recently my stomach is so irritable that my usual dose of Dew that kept me aware during school causes massive stomach problems, same with a lot of dairy products. Im still being really cautious about what i eat too, as i lost most of two months to being hunched over a toilet.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

You know, this looks odd
Captain Mike ... (CaptainMike)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this thread does seem to keep jumping to my attention when i scroll the daily posts

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kosh: You have a pitcher of tea? All at once? Doesn't it, y'know, get cold?

I've been having more trouble than normal finding Cherry Coke recently. Which is annoying, as I like some variety in what I drink. Dr Pepper's having a bit of a resurgence though, so that will have to do.

I am now off to think off 4 months worth of jokes based around the fact that two cups of tea gives Tom the shits. Bye.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Kosh: You have a pitcher of tea? All at once? Doesn't it, y'know, get cold?

A little at a time, with ice. I've never tried Earl Grey on ice. may have to try that some time.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One night in 1993 when I was still at university I had a cup of coffee at a friend's place. This was quite a strong cup, filtered from a machine. I spent the whole night awake, feeling high as a kite. Don't know what that one cup did, but it totally destroyed my ability to handle coffee.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there some obscure part of the constitution that prevents you lot from drinking normal tea?

And damn Picard. Thanks to him most Americans now think that we actually drink Earl Grey.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I won't touch coffee. Horrible stuff.

Coke's about 10% raw sugar, and can eat through your car bumper. No, thanks.

Cappuchino's four bucks a cup.

Tea... on occasion, but not often.

I get most of my caffine from chocolate. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you say "we", Liam, do you refer to the English or the French?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cherry Coke from what I heard, (it says so in the link above as well) that it will get a newer taste. They slowing down the Cherry Coke production so that when the newer version comes, Coke won't have two versions still out.

I once had seven cups of expresso because if I am not drinking Coke I am drinking Coffe and expresso is just really small. Those seven cups made pee for at least 10 minutes however I felt no effects of being awake.

I guess caffine has no effect on me.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps