Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Jesus, Jedi Knight (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jesus, Jedi Knight
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see why people can't read the entire thing.

The VISA card? It just sounds ridiculous.

Nothing philosophical.
Nothing metaphysic.
And it had nothing to do with collection plates.

------------------
"Minsk."

Cmdr Worf

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Holy Jedi knight Batman!

BTW how many satanists do you think have Christian as their first name? :]

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would imagine more than Christians named Satan.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I wonder, there are many christians who are called christian, but do you know of muslims/moslems/whichever you prefer who're called muslims/moslems/whichever you prefer? Or buddhists who're called Buddhist? :]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*watches as some Apu-looking guy walks by wearing a "Hello, my name is Hindu" sticker*

Oh, goodness...

------------------
"I ran into Charlie Fogg.
He blacked my eye, and he kicked my dog.
My dog turned to me, and he said,
'Let's head back to Tennessee, Jed.'"
-The Grateful Dead, "Tennessee Jed"

zilla
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually knew a Buddhist named Buddah. Oh btw... I think Jesus coulda taken a Jedi Knight anyday. ;-) j/k Jedi=Jesus... kind of an interesting concept...
IP: Logged
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LMAO*

I'm a Christian, and I find this thread hilarious!

------------------
"You were right about the negotiations...they were short."
Obi-Wan Kenobi to QuiGon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there are a few Moslems whose full name contains the word "Islam." [I know: I work with some guys from the Middle-East.]
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this part of the country, there are a lot of hispanic people. Jesus (pronounced hay-SOOS) is a common name. It can be a real gas when you see a story about a local little league game with a headline that reads: "Jesus hits home run".

------------------
Good advice is always ignored when accompanied by a bad example.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

RW
Member # 27

I looked up the character name Jesus Christ at the IMDB once, it turned out there were several hispanic Jesuses who played him. Actually, it's not really that funny if you remember his name is often Jesucristo in Spanish, not Jes�s, though I guess it occurs from time to time.

Mucha suerte hombres y mujeres!

[This message was edited by RW on June 21, 1999.]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... A Buddhist named Buddha... Isn't Buddha a title? That would be like a person named "God", or something... *points out that if anyone wants to name their kid after Buddha, his real name was Siddhartha Gautama (sp?)* Imagine growing up and learning to write your name like that... *L*

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Names his kid "Son of the Supreme Ruler of All the Universes" just so there'll be no mistakes*

Such lengths some people will go to to make sure their kid has a "unique" name..

Of course, I collect wierd names, but it's getting to be a surplus commodity..

(actual children registered with cards at the library
Tequila
De Ja El
Jonteal
Rostina
Queen
Shanique
Rofael (Ru'afo?)
Van
Chevy
(these two are named for places of conception, I'd wager)
Maurena
Loquanda
Tymel

*Sigh*

Of course, in my day, I rode the bus to school with Thurman Bowser, Lon Schmuck, and five kids all with the last name "Fartini" as well as a kid named Glen Dwyer (nothing odd about that, but his sister was Barbara -- Barb Dwyer).

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

RW
Member # 27

I read a newspaper article about names once, names are rarely officially rejected unless it is for the child's own good (over here, at least). The given example was of parents who wanted to name their daughter Urine.

I mean, how dumb..?

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*adds "ShzonPierre" to the f-ed up names list.

That one just registered today. Whatever happened to "John" "Robert" "Tom" "Jack," et al?

How the hell do you even PRONOUNCE "Shzon"???

I'm just waiting to hear "I spell my name Z-a-r-f-q-u-o-n-z-i. It's pronounced 'Bob.'"

Wasn't there a Swede or Danish couple that tried to name their kid something along the lines of "Bfrxzm1111111116?"

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps