Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Uh, Okay. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Uh, Okay.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The eleventy billion people who saw Spider-Man opening weekend would tend to disagree with that statement, DeadCujo.

And Daredevil has been quite popular at various times, not the least of which the period just a few years ago when he was being written by Kevin Smith.

I really liked Spider-Man.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I know that, but personally I think the movie was a bad representation of the comic. I watched it knowing I wouldn't like it. And I was right, I didn't.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The eleventy billion people who saw Spider-Man"

You are a genius, Sol. Please allow me to use your inseminatory material to fertilize eggs to become my children.

I am stunned!

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I watched it knowing I wouldn't like it. And I was right, I didn't.

Why did you bother to watch it if you knew that you wouldn't like it? And also if you go into something knowing you won't like it then you won't in most case.
And I thought they did a very good representation of Spider-man in the movie.

[ May 18, 2002, 15:37: Message edited by: Grokca ]

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can never be sure if Mr. Magnus actually wants to join his descendants to mine or if it's all some intensely elaborate and amusing jape, visible only to the mind of God, or Canadians.
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's no jape, sir! Then, perhaps I am mistaken, as you seem to be oblivious as to what spurned my call to invitro!
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it for the sake of curing my boredom. I thought there would be some inconsistencies I could point out and there were a lot. I'm a nitpicker and a big comic book fan, I couldn't just not watch it. A big Star Trek fan wouldn't not watch a new Star Trek film. Nor would a Star Wars fanatic not watch the new movies. As much as a lot of people disliked TPM even after hearing bad things, I'm sure they still went out and watched it. I could tell by the cheesy lines in the trailers that Spider-Man would be lame. I honestly don't know how Toby McGuire can be taken seriously. I laughed so hard when his "I'm Spider-Man" line came up. It was just rediculous.

[ May 18, 2002, 16:01: Message edited by: DeadCujo ]

--------------------

Member # 239

Uh, it's Spider-Man, right? It's not Citizen Kane or The Godfather, it doesn't need non-cheesy dialogue.

It's based on a cartoony cartoon comicy comic book, and it's a movie comic book. It was a pretty damn good adaptation, and millions of people agree.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

Perhaps I'm just overly stubborn, but the movie was plain stupid.

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well so is golf, you don't hear it complaining.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I think Spider-Man is the best movie this year so far. Certainly one of the best comic book films ever made.

Mind you, I've only seen one movie this year. I think.

I've seen plenty of comic book films, though.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There will be a Batman Forever live action or a Pre-Batman movie. I oike the first.

There will be Hulk, Daredevil, X-Men 2, and maybe Iron Man.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Missed the boat on Batman Forever by about, oh, seven years, bub.

I believe you mean "Batman Beyond," and I think saying "it will be" is going a little too far. It's been kicked around in development hell along with Superman Lives and all that jazz.

Iron Man is in a similar predicament, as is Ghost Rider and a Punisher movie. Catwoman seems to be more likely to go behind the cameras than most of them.

The only other comic book-based film that I can think of that is actually well into preproduction and that I'm actually looking forward to seeing is The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Which, if done well, could r0xx0rz.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Member # 239

"Catwoman seems to be more likely to go behind the cameras than most of them."

Selina Kyle - Director?

From the janitorial sources that I know, a Batman Beyond movie in the works is about as likely as I am a 30 foot tall man, with enormous feet. As I am not, the movie is likely as not as well.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

The Hulk could be good. And Jennifer Connelly is in it!
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps