Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I need HTML (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I need HTML
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I don't know how to do images yet."
The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In HTML. I didn't read the part about images. [Roll Eyes]
IP: Logged
The BWC
Ex-Member

Well, I got the first two pages done.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don;t know how to do images, but you know what you are doing????

Great Idea!!!!!

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like you've a decent start made. Geocities may not be the best choice, though.

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... This would seem to be self evident...but I'll say it anyway. You don't "do" images in HTML. You can reference images, but you generally create the images in a graphics program like photoshop or something. You can also reference scanned images saved as JPEGs or GIFs.

But if you're waiting for a section to tell you how to create images using html... good luck.

I learned web design almost strictly by learning Dreamweaver. It's most likely the cheater's way... but it has served me well. I've picked up a few things about the code by watching Dreamweaver's source, but that's pretty much it.

Dreamweaver = good.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Notepad = better.
The BWC
Ex-Member

What I meant was I didn't know how to put images on a page using HTML.
I'm gonna stick with Geocities for now, until I find a better one.
I am using Notepad to write it and then copy it to Geocities.

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
back in 4 yrs ago during an ICT lesson in my Year7 class a friend and i had finished our projects early and our teacher said:
u have until the end of the lesson to show me what u can do using HTML - which meant we had bout 40 mins to learn and then write something.
after making a page with 3 sections each colored different (green, red and blue) it was a pretty good start for 40mins i suppose. but since then i havnt touch anything to do with code.

and i've heard that Dreamweaver is very good (actually did a review for it for a school ICT publication project)

neways, my 2 cents worth
Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What I meant was I didn't know how to put images on a page using HTML.
I'm gonna stick with Geocities for now, until I find a better one.

That takes about 2 seconds [Roll Eyes]

And I recommend using HomeSite, or Notepad. But no Frontpage. You could use Dreamweaver, but I still think coding HTML by hand is more direct and easier.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um (Looks around his virtual environment)

I suggest....listening to.....Mr. Capps......

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Notepad = hard work.

Seriously, why do you want to spend all your time hardcoding every page when you can do it a lot quicker in Dreamweaver or Frontpage? You can always tweak the code after...

Yeah, I understand if you're doing fairly hi-tec pages with JAVA and funky stuff, but for most basic pages a WYSIWYG package seems to be a lot less hassle.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The BWC
Ex-Member

I don't have any of those and I don't want to get them, so I'll stick with my notepad.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it how people actually try to give you advice and you then dismiss it out of hand.

I think that's funny.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The BWC
Ex-Member

Well, I don't have anymoney to buy things, so Notepad is all I have. I just wish the accendentally instealled Dreamweaver or somethiong on my computer and I not know it. (Begins multipe disk searches)
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps