Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Maturational comedies. Whoo. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Maturational comedies. Whoo.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've left him alone on many occasions, Matrix, you silly blow-hard. [Roll Eyes]
BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(yeah right)
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have, silly kid.
BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When?

Better yet, since I don't want to get this thread closed, in a way, send it to me by email. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's okay, The359. I know who you are. In fact, I still have your page of ship designs and Titans of the Stars bookmarked in Internet Explorer. [Smile]

I think I've calmed down a whole lot from when I first started here. Read some of my posts in "The Interrogation of Charles Capps" threads, and you will quickly understand what I mean. Some of the intensity of wanting to belong to the clique makes me smack my forehead and mutter, "This type of behaviour makes the Baby Jesus cry."

I've noticed that a lot people around here have changed, but I don't think it's the veterans. Sol System, TSN, Charles, Frank, Jeff Raven, First of Two, Vogon Poet, The_Tom, and loads of other long-timers still seem the same to me today as they did when I joined here about four years ago. I guess that's because they had already settled into the community before I arrived.

The people who joined about the time I did or later are the ones I can see the biggest changes in. While a very few of the posters have gone from basically good to total asses, the majority of the people I've watched have grown and continue to impress me. People like Tahna Los, Topher, Shik, Omega, and many others are examples of this.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, thinking back, I don't remember you people ever giving me shit about anything, no matter how inane my post was.

Well, except for that thing about the Winter Olympics. Got a couple of interesting PM's on that one.

My really strange posts always come at the threshold of critical sleep deprivation. After about thirty hours of continual awareness I have a bad tendency to post things that get me kicked off of forums. Not good, eh?

Yet, I remember writing one long post asking about forty weird questions about the Borg Collective awhile back. Which is odd, because I don't really give a fuck about the Borg.

Most of the time I don't even care about Star Trek all that much. Though Snay's ST Lego projects are absolutely fascinating to me. Dunno Why.

Anyway. I had been awake for more than forty hours when I wrote that little Borg opus. And suprisingly, nobody here had any brutal quips to throw at me for it.

I was impressed. Or, I dunno, dissapointed. Whatever was appropriate at the time.

On the other hand, I'm probably just on a lot of "ignore" lists, so what do I know?

So...

Yeah. What was my point? I forget.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
Snay's ST Lego projects
Thanks, but, uh, I don't think I've had a single Star Trek Lego project! That big space-cruiser might qualify, but it's a sci-fi (not Trek) creation ...

Currently, I'm working on a huge model of Hogwart's Castle. 9,216 square pegs ... the Great Hall, two or three towers, Hagrid's Hut, the Dark Forest (or a bit of it, at least), Hogsmeade (inc. the Shrieking Shack) ... the Chamber of Secrets, the chess room, the Quidditch field ... all the stuff.

Speaking of which ... I could REALLY use that screencap of Hogwart's Castle. Anyone with a DVD, please HELP ME. I'm looking for the shot when the kids are crossing the lake and we first see it.

[ June 25, 2002, 19:05: Message edited by: Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would edit my post accordingly, but I think it's the simple granduer of it all, man. It jumbles together in my head, and some how becomes STAR TREK.

You should get a job at one of those Travelling Lego Land Road shows.

I talked to one of the joes that builds that stuff, week in and week out...

17.50 an hour to get stoned and reconstruct a lego robot puke display thirty weeks a year...

He said that the only problem they ever had was in Arkansas: "They just don't GET the Lego Vibe, there, man." [Big Grin]

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
..the majority of the people I've watched have grown and continue to impress me. People like Tahna Los, Topher, Shik, Omega, and many others are examples of this.

I IMPRESS NO ONE!! MY PENIS IS MINISCULE!! FEAR IT! FEAR THE TINY DONG!!!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but you are the Scrawny, Scary, Bearded, Pony-Tailed Half-Jewish Richard Marcinko look-alike Minority. You are unimpressive by nature. GET SOME STARS ON YOUR BELLY BITCHMOUTH!

I collected the whole Ice Planet series. It was the first series to feature irregular visors for space helmet. And orange! In hindsight, I should have spent my money more wisely. Like in Bre-X stocks.

[ June 25, 2002, 19:25: Message edited by: Ultimate Magnus ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Grrr. I'm bothered Siggy didn't mention me. Grrr. Fare-thee-well!
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
It's okay, The359. I know who you are. In fact, I still have your page of ship designs and Titans of the Stars bookmarked in Internet Explorer. [Smile]

Really? Delete it, I haven't touched that thing in 2 years. I'd be surprised if all the links still work. And those stories have been abandoned/rewritten.

And I was joking, thank you very much. I don't know what Matrix and BWC are on about (does anyone ever know what BWC is on about?).

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snay:
Grrr. I'm bothered Siggy didn't mention me. Grrr. Fare-thee-well!

He didn't mention me either, and you don't see me moaning about that. Even though I'm a moderator, and have been here longer than at least two of the people he said.

But I hate it when threads become a "Why didn't you mention me" thing. Unless it's about me.

Anyway UM: How are Simon and Timmy any different? I do remember the slightly more nerdy and "LOL" using Sol System of TrekCentral, but surely he'd become his current "I like pretty things and bands that people know about" incarnation by the time you came along?

And if I remember, a few years ago Timmy was an overly anal, pedantic, nitpicking fool. Which he still was, up until about...ooh...April, where he mutated into someone who makes DIRTY JOKES ABOUT HOMOS! What happened there?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just as I posted that, I immediately thought, "Crap, I forgot to include Liam!" Then I thought, "Eh, I'm not going to get called on it."

When I'm wrong, boy, am I wrong!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's hardly the most dramatic mistake someone can make.

Beware in future though, for I have M@D m0D sK1lZ!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps