Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I am in immense pain. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I am in immense pain.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bread & water diet is good.. i live on it.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
Ah, Squirrels, nature's little speedbumps!

Did anyone else read this & hear Phlox in their mind?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah... probably from watching Dear Doctor the other day.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam, I am remembering to have fun. The time I spend walking at the park is probably the most relaxing time I spend all week. So, having fun I am.

Jogging may get another chance, but that won't be happening for a while. I am going to look into a bicycle, but I need to figure out where the bike trails are around here. The city parks website isn't much help since, when they do show the bike trails, they don't say whether they're mountain bike trails or not.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I am going to look into a bicycle

Walking is better exercise, but as FoT said, swimming is best. But walking over biking for sure.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My suggestion is to power walk. Do exercises before walking or jogging. Do pushups and situps regularly. If you really want to get in shape. Join a gym and get personal trainer.

For instance for the past three months I jog two miles non-stop. I extend it a little each week. When I first started it was just around my block ttwo times which is about 1/2 a mile non stop. Then after I could easily do that running at full speed, I switched to Mercer Park (wondering if I should have said that). My goal is to jog the whole 7 mile trail non stop before my shipment date.

Set a pace for yourself. Slowly increase it eahc week.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swimming can also be dangerous. I know several people who have hurt themselves swimming, usually by overrotating their backs, for example, as they turn for air swimming freestyle. So, if you're going to swim, have someone check out your stroke to make sure you're doing it correctly.

The only injuries I've heard of from walking are things like getting hit by some fucking bicyclist. Walking is pretty safe.

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
[QB]
some fucking bicyclist. QB]

Now THAT is a workout! [Eek!]

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Balance is everything...... well, that stroke mentioned above helps too....
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stroke victims are pretty lousy at sex whilst bicycling, take it from me.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lose your sense of balance...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have to worry about bicyclists. They're restricted to the bike trails on the other side of the park and on the roads. So, there's no chance that I'll be hitting by someone on a bike, whether he or she is fornicating or not.

The only chance I really have to get hurt walking is by not watching where I am going. I get easily distracted by my attractive female colleagues on the exercise trail. Thankfully, I have yet to be so blinded as to walk out into traffic.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I am in immense pain"

Sounds like what Mustafa, the worthless assassin (Will Ferrell) with the Fez and the Ray-Ban's said in Austin Powers I&II. [Smile]

[ July 18, 2002, 05:33: Message edited by: Nim Pim ]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps