Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » MagLite Thieves! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: MagLite Thieves!
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Put large rubber snake in trunk.

Make sure to curl snake's body to make it look as though it is about to strike.

For best effect, I suppose you could rig up some sort of sensor to play a recording of a rattlesnake rattle (assuming people in Baltimore's urban sprawl have ever heard a rattler) when the trunk is opened. That might cost you more than the lights are worth, though.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rig a maglite to explode as soon as it's tilted, that'll teach the buggers a lesson. Just go easy on the explosives.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be great fun when driving on bumpy or hilly roads.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though I do normally recommend responding to theft with lethal force, this isn't one of those times. Blowing up your car to spite the thief just costs you the car, which is bad unless you're James Bond.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, do try to bring the Jeep back in one piece this time, eh Snay?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I ran over another deer tonight.

Except it was already dead and on the far side of the road, so I wound up crushing its head. I would have gone wide, but there was an oncoming car and I didn't feel like getting in a head-on collision. Or stopping. So, hey.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My God!

At least you are maintaining your rep without damage to body or property..

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
My God!

At least you are maintaining your rep without damage to body or property..

If we buy the "it was already dead" story. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other day, a Jeep driving in front of me slowed to about 5mph to cross a set of railroad tracks. In my '88 Honda CRX, I usually take those same tracks at about 40mph. I don't get it. Must be a Jeep thing...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If we buy the "it was already dead" story."

Practically! And perhaps philosophically as well, which is good enough in Sir Snay's book! [Smile] [Smile]

[ July 16, 2002, 00:46: Message edited by: Nim Pim ]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The other day, a Jeep driving in front of me slowed to about 5mph to cross a set of railroad tracks.

Maybe the driver was showing common sense and making sure a train wasn't coming. They do that on occasion, you know.

Why, you ask? Because who wants to die because the guardbars failed to come down.

"Damn, look at the Honda CV get smashed by a train!"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose, if we assume that we do indeed live in a quantum universe, that cause and effect may not necessarily follow in that order - in effect, the deer may already have dead before it was actually killed by Snay hitting it. The deer could even be Schrodinger's Deer - it exists simultaneously in a state of dead and not-dead, and you can't say for certain which until Snay hits it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

It was quite clearly dead already.

It would be like if Rob shot some dude ten times in the chest with his .45 and left him on the road for a couple days, then I came along and ran over his head with my Jeep. He was already dead, but I certainly didn't help his case any, now did I? Can't be a zombie without a head, can he?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Can't be a zombie without a head, can he?

He could be a headless horseman, if he had a horse.

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kosh:
quote:

Can't be a zombie without a head, can he?

He could be a headless horseman, if he had a horse.

[Cool]

It is very clear that he was going to ride upon the deer.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps