Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Here we go... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Here we go...
Red BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the first rant I think Ive posted here, so here goes...

Ok, problem 1. As you all know, even though I live with Michelle, I am not romantically involved with her. I like her a lot. Yay. Well I have a good friend, who asked me out. Well, I dont want to hert her feelings, but I like Michelle. *sigh*

Problem 2. We have been a 8 year drought, and a sever one since 1997. Well, our crop was looking good this year, and we was all happy. Well here comes a tunderstorm with hail and ruins our crop. Well, since it was early, we replanted, and the rains brought he creeks back up. As soon as they rose they went back down. Now our main supply of water, has dried up. We have been steadily losing most of our food supply. We go to the store in Conover, but without good crops we are losing money, and if our math is right, if e keep spending the way we have to to survive, we will lose all of our money in fours years. Pray for us.

If this turns in a flame war, I dont care because I just need to tell this to somebody who mightr care.

[ August 02, 2002, 08:41: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

IP: Logged
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can save $240 bucks a year if you discontinue your internet use, just a tip.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crops? What do you grow?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"As you all know..."

Sorry, I guess I wasn't paying attention. No-one said there'd be a quiz...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you were getting married to that girl? And now there's no romantic interest? [Confused]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just tell Michelle how you honestly feel. I mean, if you can't open up to your sister, what hope do you have?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second the notion of your discontinued internet use.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turnips!
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allow me to borrow a quote from a certain respected ex-Flarite regarding the notion proposed by Penguin:

Great Idea!!

[ July 20, 2002, 04:49: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Red BWC
Ex-Member

Internet and Cable is all right, because we got that on the deal that our provider could power the community for half the price of each person.

Crops? Corn, green beans, watermelons, cantelope, tobbaco, tomatoes...

Tom, she's actually my neighbor Jack's daughter.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So dump her and start up with whomever's daughter works the county store.

Why do I get the feeling our 'friend' here is slipping back into ripping off that TV show he so adores? [Confused] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Red BWC
Ex-Member

Snay, thou art mistaken.

You see, Dixieland isnt the county store, but the local store, about like a Wal-Mart but with Confederate stuff.
I cant dump her, mostly because I aint going with her. You see, you have your facts messed up.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Red BWC:

You see, Dixieland isnt the county store, but the local store, about like a Wal-Mart but with Confederate stuff.

What, like slaves?

quote:

I cant dump her, mostly because I aint going with her. You see, you have your facts messed up.

What happened to that girl you were going to marry?

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Red BWC
Ex-Member

Slaves? No! We respect all laws, except the Sunday blue-light ones.

(Actually I dont think it matters, because when the office representing the county fell into the *now dry* creek I dont think they cared.)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking we need to take an "approved excursion" & actually SEE all of this for ourselves. I nominate Rob & Jeff, as they're closest to me. I'll drive, just chip in for gas.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps