Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Like... HELP! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Like... HELP!
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not possible. Clooney's the lead actor, and, well, you know how he is.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent?
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Dr. Ross, maybe.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stanislaw Lem rawks. So does Andrei Tarkovsky. Stephen Soderbergh can sometimes rawk and he holds his own camera so that's ballsy, but I'm still more than a little concerned given the history of American 'reimaginings.'

So, the shiny new Flare renders just fine on my Mac running OS 9.2.2 and Netscape 6.2.1. It freaks out a little when people post gigantic images, but then it did that before. I suspect that OSX's Aqua is just jealous of those fey colors and smooth dropshadows.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If NS4 is such a 'taboo' program - why is it still being offered at netscape.com to download? I don't have a wizz-bang computer and something like a message board you'd think would be a simple thing to use.

I like the idea of a bare-bones version so we (the few) can still participate in discussion.

ALSO, why does everything have to be Microsoft centered? I'm not an anti-microsoft zealot, but when It comes to browsers I've always been a little pissed off at Microsoft.

So Opera is a good browser? Does it have a mail prog with it - I have two accounts one takes the Eudora program, the other uses Netscape as it's mailbox.

Oh and this:

(just realised I can't use UBB on IE3)

quote:
The fact that it didn't work properly in NS4 was known before he uploaded it,
Ummm, really? Well thanks for the WARNING.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If NS4 is such a 'taboo' program - why is it still being offered at netscape.com to download?"

Because the people at Netscape don't want to admit that it's crap?

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's still being offered because they want ideas on how to improve on it. STILL.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

ALSO, why does everything have to be Microsoft centered? I'm not an anti-microsoft zealot, but when It comes to browsers I've always been a little pissed off at Microsoft.

What OS does 99% of the world run? Windows. What browser do over 90% of the people here use? Explorer.

Of course there's going to be a bias to making sure this place, first and foremost, runs on Windows platforms and on Explorer. Because that's what nearly everyone uses. Netscape lost the browser war, pure and simple. Why is a whole other mess of reasons.

And you still haven't said why you can't install a newer version of IE on your system. Does it crash it? Does it slow it down? People might be able to help if you gave them more information.

quote:
So Opera is a good browser? Does it have a mail prog with it - I have two accounts one takes the Eudora program, the other uses Netscape as it's mailbox.
You could still use them for your mail, even if you download Opera. Or you could use Outlook Express *ducks*

Oh and this:

(just realised I can't use UBB on IE3)

quote:
The fact that it didn't work properly in NS4 was known before he uploaded it,
Ummm, really? Well thanks for the WARNING.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Would it have done much good? It was only 1.5% of the total requests here, so I can't imagine it was high on Chuckie's list of things to make sure work. Unless he tested it on AMosiac to make sure it works on my Amiga as well.

Go on, download Opera. If you like it, fine. If you don't, also fine. But you've got nothing to lose.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No warning was given because I didn't think that anyone here still bothered using NS4. It's been surpassed in every way by all the other various browsers - IE, Mozilla, Opera, you name it.

You're probably one of the three NS4 users here - I'm sorry, but no matter how bad your computer is, there ARE alternatives out there, and if you want to continue browsing here, then you need to either turn CSS off (I gave directions above) or switch to another browser.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well just a quick announcement "I'm updating the boards: these browsers wont work anymore" wounldn't have hurt you.

And thankyou, I have now turned off style sheets.

Oh and Liam... NS4 is only a few years ago - there is no need to go comparing it to Amiga...

Oh if I still had my CBS Colecovision... I could have got an 'Adam' extension and THEN you people could have told me to upgrade!! ;o)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Opera does have a mail program - I have not used it of late but as I recall it works pretty much like all the others.

Their (Opera's) thing is making a browser that works on less than cutting edge machines so I think you'll be pleased by it.

So, Charles - what is the deal with these boards? I mean, how does the server, bandwidth, etc. get paid for? I don't want to become an accessory to anything [Eek!] but I've posted/lurked here for quite awhile and have wondered who's footing the bill (and why).

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me, and because. [Smile]
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HOORAY!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should be grateful. He hasn't been able to afford new blades for his razor three years now.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps