Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Life after Death (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Life after Death
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Priests and fools say / we are but animate clay / but crude vessels / housing immortal souls / But the dead only quickly decay"
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they sometimes decay slowly, depending on the chemical constituency of the corpse and the environment that the corpse is in.
IP: Logged
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay.. that site you linked to.

1) It starts with a picture of that alien hoax. Good start.

Take this one for example. The symmetrical reflection above the right girl is supposed to be a ghost. But look at it. It's just a reflection. It might look a bit like a human face, but that's just coincidence. Same category as the Mars Face (or the Mars Pyramids, Mars Cities and Mars Gazebos).

An angel in the sky. Of course not. Very nice cloud pattern resembling an angel in the sky. It's quite beautiful. But pure coincidence.

Eh? I don't know what the hell this man this man is doing, but even if that goo on his head is somehow unexplained.. why does it have to have anything to do at all with ghosts?
The fact that the stuff wasn't seen at the time strongly suggests a freak reflection or lens flare sort of thing.

NO LEGS.. well.. not that freaky. It's called movement. Making a picture of someting moving, especially when that something is not in focus, can easily produce this kind of "ghost".

Nice photoshopping.

Smokey Ghosts. There are literally 1000s of pictures like this. Always taken at night, and always with flashlight. It's just light reflection of particles (fog, smoke)!

I'll stop now.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that there may be ghosts out there. I've heard of some pretty strange stuff that can't all be hoaxes. And I definitely belive in the afterlife. I can't picture just dying, and then blackness for all eternity.

--------------------
Meh

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen the no legs type photo... I would put that with you nice photoshopping too....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm always amazed when i see an LCARS interface on a non-Trek site

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I haven't read any replies, and I'm going to reply to the first post right now.

Mum was telling me about this lady at the 'beauty place' she goes to - you know hair etc. Anyway her daughter is well... quite perceptive of these things. (The lady/mother isn't the person who does mum's hair it was another girl telling mum about the other hairdresser's daughter.)

Anyway this girl supposedly has very big blue eyes - that freak some people out - cause she's supposed to look through you sort of - not at you. Anyway the story goes that the girl - say her name is (and I think it is) Brittany - had always said a few strange things to her mother - as she was growing up - like when they'd pass the cemetary - Brittany would say to her mother "look at all the people waving!" And the mother didn't think much of it - putting it down to a childs overactive imagination. Anyway there were a few other things (Brittany is only 10 or so now) anyway she'd also told her mother about the Man in the army uniform that comes to her in her room - supposedly he used to live in her house and was killed in WWI - she says he is very nice to her and he often talks? or shows her his horse (I gather he was a light horse-man.).

THEN there was another time when she had started school, and there was a field-trip to a big Cemetary here in Brisbane - Toowong Cemetary - and it's quite big, lot of historical names, there are tour etc. Anyway Brittany's mother had a phone-call towards the end of the day from her school saying could she come and pick up Brittany - cause she is very stressed out, and that she was really quite stressed the whole time at the Cemetary. Anyway supposedly the girl was white as a sheet when her mother went to pick her up from school that afternoon. According to Brittany she was very tired from all the 'people' constantly at her trying to talk to her etc. etc. at the Cemetary. The Dead were talking to her ( I guess she must have been some sort of magnet for them - maybe they knew that she could see them etc.

That's all I've really heard about it - but it's really interesting.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that is spooky.... This was to Mike's posting...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the bit about the Horse is intruiging - supposedly she was only very young when she first talked to the man in the army uniform. I doubt she'd know enough about World War I and The Lighthorse-men to make up a convincing lie like that.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This place is starting to creep me out.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
I can't picture just dying, and then blackness for all eternity.

there wouldn't be "blackness for all eternity", as that would imply something after you die. you simply cease to be.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

btw, ghosts have about as much evidence as the cottingley fairies that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle insisted on supporting. at least the photographs those little girls in England faked looked something vaguely resembing kinda maybe real.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

But they were real.... Real cutouts.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me, or does that first "ghost" look like Megatron?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I think about dying, of not existing, it scares the hell out of me. It really is meant for old people, that have "covered all bases".

I feel empathy for those who've been forced to experience real death anxiety.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps