Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I passed! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I passed!
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I am officially an Electronics Warfare operator. I took my final exam today which involved a shipboard simulation operating the SLQ-32 in the Persian Gulf under hostile situations. The scenario included several US and British ships along with hostile Russian and Iraqi forces.

Anyway I got an 86% on the exam. Yay me!

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
with hostile Russian and Iraqi forces.

Russians??

Do you know something we don't?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice one. Provided that errant 14% didn't involve sinking any Royal Navy ships. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course not Lee ... [Big Grin] Besides, when the missiles were inbound I didn't have time to ID which allied ship they were heading to. Prehaps if I could more easily and quickly indentify it as the HMS Invincible I would have just happened to forget to jam them. [Wink]

And yes First of Two, my security clearance ensures I'll always know something you don't. [Wink]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on passing Hobbes, hope you never have to use it for real.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Hobbes
Member # 138

Thanks, but what would be the point of learning missile matrixes for just about every country if I did not intend to use the knowledge.

I also got my overall class average for the 14 week school, 90%. Second in my class, but since it's also broken between male and female I'm also the top rated male in my class.

I don't know if I already mentioned it, but I'm going to San Diego, California onboard the USS Fitzgerald DDG-62. It's an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer (guided-missile).

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!

What class phaser banks does that ship have!?! ;o)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, and welsome to the land of knowing things you can't tell people....
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What class phaser banks does that ship have!?!"

Well if I'm not mistaken, it should have the Phalanx Gatling gun sys, and some small cannon fore and aft. Although it's all about the missiles nowadays...*sigh*

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually theyre changing continuity of what they should have at this point in history and they have laser pistols, with phase cannon being developed

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations on passing and doing so well!
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Fitzgerald DDG-62, Arleigh Burke class multirole destroyer (Flight I/II), built at Bath Iron Works, Massachusetts, commissioned 1995. Pacific Fleet. Based out of San Diego, Group DesRon23. Crew of 337. Aft aviation flight deck with one SH-60B helicopter permantly assigned.

Armament: 1 29 cell Mk41 VLS, 1 61 cell Mk41 VLS (90 Standard SM-2, Tomahawk, VLA), 1 5"/54cal DP, 2 20mm Phalanx CIWS, 2 triple 12.75 inch torpedo tubes (Mk46 torpedoes), 2 25mm Bushmaster low-angle (most ships), 4 12.7mm MG.

Sister ships include USS Cole (DDG-67), USS The Sullivans (DDG-68), USS Winston S. Churchill (DDG-81).

Picture (USS O'Kane DDG-77)

I don't know what most of that armament stuff stands for, but it's a nice looking ship.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Hobbes
Member # 138

The pic didn't load.

A little background info on my ship...
quote:
USS FITZGERALD (DDG 62) is the twelfth ship of the Arleigh Burke class of guided missile destroyers. It was commissioned in Newport on 14 October, 1995.

Lieutenant William "Bill" Fitzgerald, a native of Montpelier, VT, enlisted in the Navy in 1956. He was selected for officer training in 1959, and graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1963.

LT Fitzgerald's first ship was the USS Charles H. Roan (DD 853), which was homeported in Newport. At the end of his tour aboard the ROAN, he was selected to be a Naval Advisor to the South Vietnamese Navy, Coastal Defense Group 16. He served 70 miles southeast of Danang, on the Song Ve River near village of Pho An.

On 7 Aug 67, they were overrun by Viet Cong forces. LT Fitzgerald ordered his men to evacuate and escape in their small patrol boats. LT Fitzgerald then stayed behind to provide covering fire and coordinate artillery and air strikes. All his men survived, but LT Fitzgerald was killed. He was posthumously awarded the Navy Cross.

The ship's motto is "Protect Your People."

http://www.fitzgerald.navy.mil/nstart.htm

[ October 10, 2002, 19:16: Message edited by: TSN ]

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it OK for us to know all this?

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps