Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » To die slowly, or not (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: To die slowly, or not
Yamashiro Den
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, so are you, since you are nearby these smokers and second hand smoke is even more harmful that first hand. [Smile]
IP: Logged
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

''Killing Me Softly With His Song' is an all time classic song and a massive number 1 hit for Roberta Flack in 1973 and The Fugees in 1997. The subject of the song is, of course, Don McLean. The story of how the song was written after Lori Lieberman saw Don in concert at the Troubadour in LA was told in a newspaper article from April 1973. You can view a scan of this article and read the story. The print is fairly small.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the sound???
Yamashiro Den
Ex-Member

i guess the "ah, soooooooooooo smooth" irritates him [Wink]
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"second hand smoke is even more harmful that first hand."

Another 20kb off of the servers we'll never see again. [Frown]

Yamashiro Den
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nimpim:
"second hand smoke is even more harmful that first hand."

Another 20kb off of the servers we'll never see again. [Frown]

i was just telling the truth, unless of course you breathe through a cigarette filter, in which case second hand and first hand smoke would be about the same for you.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't smoke. I can hardly even be in the same room w/ someone who's smoking. I have to breathe as little as possible to avoid coughing (which becomes rather painful after a few minutes of doing it constantly).
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Tim.... my grandparents used to smoke, and I could hardly stand it THEN... now that they're gone and I haven't been around it in years, it's even harder to take....

Smoking - pleh.

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Simon, I do not smoke, despite having tried it a couple of times. Unlike him, I did do something interesting once.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time out:

Why exactly would second hand smoke be worse than first hand?

I can come up with a convoluted mathematical explanation when we're talking about a large number of people, but I have the feeling thats not what you're getting at...

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that second-hand smoking is worse than first hand, too. I thought it was nearly common knowledge. I've probably heard the why of it some time in the past, but it escapes me at the moment.

Not a smoker, by the way.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that it is do to the fact that smoked smoke has been filtered through the cigarette filter and my lungs.... and the wispy smoke hasn't been...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
Time out:

Why exactly would second hand smoke be worse than first hand?

as Ritten said, smoke off the tip of the cigarette hasn't been filtered by anything.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's still not comparable to the plethora of other ailment-bonuses a smoker can take part of; bad blood-circulation, bad teeth, destroyed lung tissue, AOT.
Plus, we non-smokers can choose not to be in smokey places, my gf and I always skip the restaurants/caf�'s where it's too much.

Smokers, otoh, mostly don't have the choice or mental strength to quit, and so must get exposed, albeit with the "filters" (although many people I know roll themselves, without filter).

So, the proverbial "nyah", then. :-)

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever, screw the assumptions on both sides.
I want to see numbers.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps