Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What are you wearing...for Halloween? Costume Breakdown (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: What are you wearing...for Halloween? Costume Breakdown
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to dress as Cole Blaquesmith from 'Steampunk', but I din't think the right people would get it. So now it's a corporate raider or a Pirate of Silicon Valley.

What are other people dressing up as for Halloween?

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe how geeky this is, but I've been posting for the past few hours wearing my Star Trek uniform.

So much for the myth that Trekkers don't really go on the internet dressed for conventions.

My uniform: circa 2151, Earth Starfleet command division jumpsuit, with Enterprise assignment patch. Rank is captain of course.

The costume was only like half-an-hour's work. Off the rack military flightsuit (so the pockets dont match.. nyah), slight adjustment to the collar, and a length of yellow ribbon sewn to each shoulder. Add an Enterprise patch to the shoulder, and an NX-01 hat. The rank pins are four square studs off my punk belt. I happened to already have a collarless black button down shirt that is properly worn under it. Add army boots, which i constantly wear anyway, and its set.

The most hilarious part is that I'm going to screw continuity and carry a TOS phaser if i cant find a good loking ENT version. no one will really notice. If I want to win the costume contest, I'll also put on Vulcan makeup, which seems unlikely for the Earth Starfleet, but hey, who knows that besides us.

For the party tonight however, I'm gonig in a little more style, Vulcan makeup, DS9 uniform worn with huge rave pants and lotsa skin-glitter and eye makeup. Yes I'm going to fetish night dressed as a gay Vulcan raver.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wearing my Horta suit now! It ain't no picnic, let me tell you! I have to digest the keyboard in order to use it.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm dressed as the Captain's Log.
IP: Logged
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going as myself.... a bum....

Which is very difficult for me to pull off....

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That reminds me... have to see if the boss'll let me wear my DS9 uniform tomorrow.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had a costume, I'd be a mountie. But I don't.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So he'll go as the mounted....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm dressed as Osama bin Laden. I was going to dress as John Allen Muhammad, but my wife wouldn't let me drill a hole in the boot of the car.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to be dressed as the loser answering the front door to hand out candy. Go me...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Osama Bin Laden! That's a good one. I want to see someone dressed like that here (which would either garner a lot of laughs or a lot of rocks).

I'm going to be a unicorn, dressed in white shirt, white jeans, tan sandals with heels, a paper horn, and my silver cloak.

--------------------
life creation in progress

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For work tomorrow ("Nothing frightening or revealing, please") I'm going to be dressed as a princess. Whoo, hoo. Formal gown from the closet, extra time on my hair and makeup, and a tiera... it'll be a part-ay! [Razz]

On Saturday though, for the party that counts, I'm going to be a goth punk chick.... see, I'm going to this HUGE Halloween bash at a bar over in ID as the date of the lead guitar player in the band (he's my rock star boyfriend!)... anyway, they're all dressing as gothic punk rockers or something, and I get to join in on the fun... my costume, bottom to top: Black patent leather boots that lace up to my knees, black fishnet stockings, green/purple/black plaid catholic school girl pleated shirt (short, with safety pins to hold it in place), skimpy black tank top that laces up the front (My mom hates it- she says I look like a whore), a black sweater if I get cold, and my make-up will be done up in black and purple, with lots of glitter. Add to that the fact that I have my new sassy red hair, and I should be good to go. I'm REALLY looking forward to this costume.... *grin* It's not often that I get in touch with the demon within [Wink]

Crosss your fingers and maybe I'll take pictures. Maybe... [Wink]

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please send picture LOA, it sounds hot. I'm partial to high black boots.

I will be a Wizard.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liz: You realize, of course, that, if you don't post a picture, the people here will never forgive you. Besides, it can't possibly be as bad as that other Halloween costume picture. The one you sent me a while back, but I'm not allowed to show anyone...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again with that photo. Couldn't you at least describe the contents, vaguely?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps