Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Most Wonderful Time of the Year? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year?
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of you may have already seen this making the e-mail rounds, but I thought this was pretty funny -- especially because I'm one of those stuck tossing back at professors what they've tossed at me.
Twas the night before finals,
And all through the college,
The students were praying
For last minute knowledge.

Most were quite sleepy,
But none touched their beds,
While visions of essays
danced in their heads.

Out in the taverns,
A few were still drinking,
And hoping that liquor
would loosen up their thinking.

In my own apartment,
I had been pacing,
And dreading exams
I soon would be facing.

My roommate was speechless,
His nose in his books,
And my comments to him
Drew unfriendly looks.

I drained all the coffee,
And brewed a new pot,
No longer caring
That my nerves were shot.

I stared at my notes,
But my thoughts were muddy,
My eyes went ablur,
I just couldn't study.

Some pizza might help,"
I said with a shiver,
But each place I called
Refused to deliver.

I'd nearly concluded
That life was too cruel,
With futures depending
On grades had in school.

When all of a sudden,
Our door opened wide,
And Patron Saint Put It Off
Ambled inside.

Her spirit was careless,
Her manner was mellow,
Her attitude fearless,
She started to bellow:

"What kind of student
Would make such a fuss,
To toss back at teachers
What they tossed at us?"

On Cliff Notes! On Crib Notes!
On Last Year's Exams!
On Wingit and Slingit,
And Last Minute Crams!"

Her message delivered,
She vanished from sight,
But we heard her laughing
Outside in the night.

"Your teachers have pegged you,
So just do your best.
Happy Finals to All,
And to All, a good test."
Roger A. Davis, II

Appropriate, no? [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're just starting finals? Ha! I have two more to write and I'm done. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One final exam left. Just one. One is the magic number. Just one to go until the winter break hullabaloo begins. Just one.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I start finals tomorrow, and thankfully none of them are ones that cover the entire semester. Huzzah!

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been finished since Friday.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it isn't. The most wonderful time of the year is that portion of it which I spend unconscious.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Super Fun Happy Simon!
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I had my first two finals last Friday. Then one Tuesday, one Wednesday, and one Friday. I wish I didn't have to spread them out so much, but I suppose it gives me some time to study.

Ha! [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I've been finished since Friday.

Shush, you. [Razz] I aced my Goverment exam this morning. Have my Paralegalism one tomorrow morning...and I have no idea whatsoever about what it's over. Oh well. I'll wing it. And right now, I'm elbow deep in Amrican Lit essay. Yay for me.

*hunts coffee*

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

superslowmo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was done for the semester at 10:30 am on wednesday hehe [Smile]

and that poem/whatever is really funny/true hahaha

IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last of my final exams is coming up in seven hours. It's a cumulative exam of the entire statistics course, which means it'll be hard. And my professor is an incredibly sadistic bastard, which means it'll be doubly hard.

Pity me.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

You have my sincere pity, Siegfried. I also took an intro statistics course this semester -- not fun at at all. Fortunately for me, there are only two professors and four TA's for a total of seven hundred students this semester, causing chaos for the teaching staff. Therefore, my final exam (given this morning at 8 AM -- how horrible is that!) was only a bunch of multiple choice questions, which are a whole lot easier than short-answer, at least for me. I knew enough of the material to be able to make an educated guess for the answers I couldn't get right off the bat, and it's pretty tough to BS your way through a short-answer math problem.

Good luck! [Smile]

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Thanks, I need all the help I can get. I've studied the material thoroughly, but mathematics just isn't my strong suit. This is my second time taking this statistics course, and the material isn't any clearer to me now than it was last time (although I do seem to be making a somewhat better grade this time around).

This is the second to last of the general business courses I need to take before I can concentrate on my major courses. Yay!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote my last exam this morning. It was physics. I hate physics. The multiple choice wasn't all that bad, and we had to do 6 out of 8 of the long answer problems. I did about 4-5 of them, and even those weren't too great... [Frown]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Statistics must be popular this semester as I too just finished taking my final for that class... Yeck, I say!

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps