Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Most Wonderful Time of the Year? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year?
StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damnitdamnitdamnitdamnit....

My alarm never went off this morning. It was set, it's still set. It just never went off. Know what that means, right? Yup. I totally missed BOTH of my classes. And my one exam. [Eek!]

Fortunately, my teachers like me and I go to a small business college. I get to go in tomorrow and turn in the essays. And on Thurs I take the exam. He had that slot set up for people like me. heh.

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by StarFire:
I aced my Goverment exam this morning. Have my Paralegalism one tomorrow morning...

A parawhatnow?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A paralegal. Legal assistant but with more education. I do the dirty work for lawyers. But can also go undercover and stuff too- if I want.

Basically that class was just there for us to get ready for internships.

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My statistics exam was evil. 18 weeks worth of material crammed into 32 questions. And two of the questions were "What is the capital of Sweden?" and "What is the capital of Afghanistan?" Why the hell were these mixed in with a statistics exam!?

And, to top everything else off, some of the questions were misleadingly simple. You didn't even have to do any calculations to get the answer. I'm fearful of those questions, dabnabbit! Damn it all, all I need is a frikkin' D- in this class, and I'll be happy.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And, to top everything else off, some of the questions were misleadingly simple. You didn't even have to do any calculations to get the answer. I'm fearful of those questions, dabnabbit! Damn it all, all I need is a frikkin' D- in this class, and I'll be happy.
Indeed. I had the same problem. And I got the chance to check my answers last night because we were allowed to keep our question sheet (which I also marked my responses on for future reference), and the answers were posted online.

My grade: 15/25. 60%.

Damn, I'm screwed. I have no idea what my grade was in the class before this, but I'll be lucky to keep a C- for my final grade now. [Frown]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You didn't even have to do any calculations to get the answer."

Personally, I'd welcome that kind of exam. [Smile]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by StarFire:
Damnitdamnitdamnitdamnit....

My alarm never went off this morning. It was set, it's still set. It just never went off. Know what that means, right? Yup. I totally missed BOTH of my classes. And my one exam. [Eek!]

You're not alone.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/bowls02/s/sugar_rix.html
quote:
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State quarterback Chris Rix was suspended for the Nokia Sugar Bowl on Tuesday because he overslept and missed a final exam.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And two of the questions were 'What is the capital of Sweden?' and 'What is the capital of Afghanistan?'"

The answers, of course, are "Stockholm" and "Washington, DC".

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Washington, DC wasn't one of the choices for that question.

I'm probably not going to find out my statistics grade for a few days. The professor has posted the answers to the exam; however, we weren't allowed to keep the exam questions, scratch paper, or formula sheet. I'll just have to wait until my grade is posted. Yay.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would assume the questions about the capitals have to do with a statistical analysis of your class and their geographic aptitude. Of course, if I was a TA, I'd still mark people down for missing those two, but that because I'm an elitist snob who feels that our nations pathetic awareness of events and facts outside of our borders requires immediate attention, and should, as such, be dismissed as a fringe element.

I finished up my finals last Thursday. I'm still catching up on the sleep.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Washington, DC wasn't one of the choices for that question.

You get multiple choice exams? I would kill to get multiple choice. No fair!!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Yes, my statistics exam was multiple choice. It was a multiple choice exam written by an incredibly sadistic bastard. They solved the problems using every little mistake they could think of and used them as an answer. If you forgot that two-tailed hypotheses needed the alpha to be divided by 2, the answer you would get would be there. And, of course, there's always the "None of the above" answer. Bah.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
They solved the problems using every little mistake they could think of and used them as an answer. If you forgot that two-tailed hypotheses needed the alpha to be divided by 2, the answer you would get would be there.

My professor pulled the same tricks... they're evil, I tell you, EVIL!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I suppose that's slightly harder than I thought... [Big Grin] . Mind you, I can't stand maths/stats at all. Much prefer history. On the other hand, that exam was painful ; I ended up writing 12 pages in 2 hours...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Hey Wraith, you're a history student too? I had my History final yesterday -- early American period, 1789-1825. Loved the class, but writing essays by hand is a bitch. I probably wrote 11 pages in a standardized blue exam booklet.

I also got my semester grade for my statistics class -- I'm pleasantly surprised that I got a "B-"... I was expecting a "C" or lower with a near-failed final exam... But at least the "B-" isn't as hard to explain to my parents than it would be if I had gotten a "C" after telling them that I was doing fine in the class...

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps