Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I bid thee farewell (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I bid thee farewell
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, bite the pillow.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
make sure everyone wear the proper rank insignia. don't pull an O'Brien out there.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::sigh:: How the gay sailor jokes never get old...

At this rate I could be gone now 06Jan03. There's a slim chance of coming back to San Diego, but I don't yet know.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo! I'm not leaving yet after all!! Not until at least March 1.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not entirely sure if I'm going on a cruise or not myself. They are not telling me where the USS Stennis is. All they tell me is if I am, and they are already out, I go out on a flight to the nearest port where then they fly me to the ship. If not, then I'll be staying on Oceana doing what E-2s do... scrub, and clean.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You realise they're probably not telling you where it is in case you tell us, bearing in mind that anyone on these boards could be an Iraqi spy or even Saddam himself? [Razz]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They already know there are 6 carriers out there, 5 in the Gulf right now. 3 are right in it, and two are standing by.

I doubt knowing which carrier is deployed would matter considering that each carrier is roughly much equal to each other. Not only that, it's not that much worse than what the mdeia does all the time right now.

Hobbes
Member # 138

The Stennis is out, I was watching it on the satellite monitor in CIC during my watches.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
loose lips, guys, loose lips...
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, who gets your car?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"loose lips, guys, loose lips..."

...are fun if you can find them?

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

It's not like I'm directly telling you what the ship's capabilities are. Besides, I don't have the security clearence for it. It's not that hard to find out which ship it is based on the hull number.

Now if I told you how fast each ship goes, how to make a nuclear reactor and such, then that would be a different matter altogether.

Hobbes
Member # 138

Correction... I drove downtown and saw the USS Nimitz CVN-68 and USS John C. Stennis CVN-74 are both in at North Island Naval Air Station.

I'm fully aware of OPSEC. I'm an EW, one of the most classified jobs in the Navy.

--------------------

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

Where are you stationed right now?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Now if I told you how fast each ship goes, how to make a nuclear reactor and such, then that would be a different matter altogether."

You meant to say...that modern US warships potentially can travel faster than...*GASP*...32 knots??
Which is the same damn speed ships could do in 1942 already????

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps