Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Space Shuttle Columbia Emergency (Page 10)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Space Shuttle Columbia Emergency
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think Vogan had the right idea, but maybe take it a little futher. Instead of giving the Russians money to build Energia, lets do the capitalist thing, and buy it from them, lock stock and engineers. I'd be just as happy with them building it in Russia. If there record is to be believed, Energia is a hell of a rocket, but I wouldn't mind seeing the work come to the USA. Maybe they would make some parts in West Virginia, maybe even in Coalwood.

I wonder if it might be possible to eventually combine the two space agencies? (I would say ESA as well, but the frogs wouldn't allow that). After all, there's already increased co-operation due to the collapse of the USSR and the ISS program; combining them would cut down on duplication of jobs/some equipment and hopefully leave more money available for safty, R&D, etc.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*hee hee* UN SPACEY!!!

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I wonder if it might be possible to eventually combine the two space agencies? (I would say ESA as well, but the frogs wouldn't allow that). After all, there's already increased co-operation due to the collapse of the USSR and the ISS program; combining them would cut down on duplication of jobs/some equipment and hopefully leave more money available for safty, R&D, etc.

That would be the ultimate answer, including the ESA.

I saw a photo on TV last night, that was supposed to have been taken by the military. It was a black outline of the shuttle about two minutes before it was lost. It appears to show something sticking out from the left wing, but it was just a dark area, with no real detail. I suspect it will end up being nothing more then a blurry spot on the picture.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps