Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Red Alert for Geocities Users!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Red Alert for Geocities Users!!
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have backed up all my files, just in case.

I still haven't got my yahoo and geocities passwords disentangled. If i can't get things straightened out, I will request they delete my website and move to Tripod, since I already have a site there. I would hate to have to move, since I was just beginning to see an increase in traffic.

--Baloo

P.S.: If anyone from here visits my site, please sign the guestbook?

------------------
All the wrong people have a good opinion of themselves.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Brigman
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Altair and others,

It's true the Yahoocities is now backpedaling a bit in their harsh stance. However, before everyone goes rushing back to Geocities with their valuable creative content, I suggest you read this article.

Also of interest is this page.

I would beware if I were you guys...

------------------
Peace!
Brigs

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could any Alliance members who are moving/have moved/are planning to move their sites let me know, either via email or post? Thanks.

------------------
"If the bathwater roars and my ear's underwater. It's a tolerant hum from the core."
--
The Tragically Hip

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this site, Boycott Yahoo, may prove of some use to those of us who haven't finished the bailout yet.

--Baloo

------------------
All the wrong people have a good opinion of themselves.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have a site anywhere, Yahoo or otherwise. But if I did, I move it as quickly as possible, or take it down completely. It's not worth giving up your rights to your work. I've submitted a little bit of stuff to Tora Zyial's site. As far as I'm concerned, it's hers to do with as she pleases. But if I had my own site there, I'd abandon ship.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nonetheless, after reading this clause on the rebuttal yahoo posted:

quote:
Yahoo! has the right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, and create derivative works of your content only for the purpose of hosting your GeoCities site and providing and promoting the Yahoo! GeoCities service.

I STILL intend to stay gone from yahoo and geocities both. i don't wnat to find my stories and drawings somewhere with a mustache drawn on them (you get the picture...) just so geocities can promote themselves. can't they be original enough to come up with their OWN promotions? *duH*

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what they mean is they can put in their banner ads and such.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"I could never sleep my way to the top, 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up." - TMBG

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So? *L* maybe i'm just too anal, i don't know. i still don't agree with it

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps