Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » DVD Screen Capture Utilitiy (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DVD Screen Capture Utilitiy
Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was curious what DVD screen capture utility contributors were using to get the screen caps they post on this site?

I have downloaded the demo version of Hypersnap and have attempted to capture screens on a computer running Windows 98 SE and the DVD Player from the ATI All-In-Wonder Pro 128 and a different computer running Windows XP Pro and the DVD Playe from the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro. On both machines, the computer locks up requiring a reboot when I try to snap a screen.

Is it Hypersnap? The DVD player software from ATI? Has anyone else ran into this?

Should I be trying a different screen capture utility? and if so, does anyone have any name recommendations? Any suggestions and advice on these issues would be most appreciated. [Smile]

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most commercial DVD playback software includes screencap features.

DVD video is often done via an overlay system, meaning that a normal screencap would never capture the video. The only real good solution is to use software that already allows it.

(The ATI stuff that came with my AIW card includes capturing for both video streams (TV) and DVD. I don't know if the software that comes with the normal Radeons has the same features.)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use PowerDVD as my player/capturing program, as to how I acquired it, I will leave that to your own imagination.

I also have XP-Pro and they didn't agree with each other at first, but somehow the bugs seemed to work themselves out. It worked well with Win98 when I was running dual OS's, as well.

Anyway, PowerDVD is hella better, IMHO, than the XP standard (Windows Media Player, I guess). My only gripe, and its just the fact that it captures as a bitmap and its a bitch to convert it to jpeg if you are capturing 50, 100, 150+ images.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant Win98SE...however, evidently one cannot edit their messages in the Officers' Lounge...

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can edit your post...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

No, its fine, I just wanted to change the Win98 to Win98SE, no biggie...but I kept getting a damn FYI and I thought I was trying to edit someone elses...again no biggie, just didn't understand the retrictions put forth in the Lounge.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am aware of no such restriction, though that's certainly not a definitive statement, as I am unaware of a great many things. Still, I am not sure the problem is what you think it is.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. That fiendish FYI has, as of, uh, now, snatched my editing privileges, too.

*taps foot* Chuuuckie...

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Just to clarify: I can press ze edeeet buttooon, but not submit my post after edeeetink it.)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
My only gripe, and its just the fact that it captures as a bitmap and its a bitch to convert it to jpeg if you are capturing 50, 100, 150+ images.

Use Paint Shop Pro's batch conversion feature.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Hmm, don't belive I possess that program...however I will look into it.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
I am aware of no such restriction, though that's certainly not a definitive statement, as I am unaware of a great many things. Still, I am not sure the problem is what you think it is.

quote:

FYI
Only administrators or moderators may perform this action.
Please use your browser's back button to return.

So, of course, you wouldn't be aware of such a restriction, as you would seem to fall into the "administrator/moderator" category. [Smile]

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Alright, this seems to go beyond the "Officers' Lounge" for me, as I just experienced the same thing in "Starships & Technology". I can edit the message fine, it is just when I try to submit that edit that I instead get the 'FYI of denial'....???? [Confused]

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you can get a hacked full copy of PowerDVD, getting even an older full version of PSP just for the batch-conversion utility shouldn't be too difficult,

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone should be able to edit their message.
However, only admins or moddas may edit someone else's message.

I have a problem editing too...

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps