Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » DVD Screen Capture Utilitiy (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DVD Screen Capture Utilitiy
Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the information regarding PowerDVD. I am going to dump the ATI DVD player and get another DVD player that can create stills. The versions of the ATI DVD player that I have access to don't mention it in their wretchedly poor documentation and I cannot find any buttons or hot keys in the UI that would allow me to do it. ATI's web site isn't any more enlightening on this topic. The ATI TV Player allows me to capture stills or make video files from an incoming video feed.

When I looked into this ability a couple of years ago, I was told by a friend who claimed to be an expert on this subject, that because of the copy protection of DVD disks, not only can a video still not be captured using a Print Screen or screen shot utility software, but the player manufacturers were forbidden to add this functionality to their players for copyright enforcement reasons.

So all this time I have been missing out on making still captures, [Frown] , and I thought that you guys were using a hack or variant of de-CSS to get these shots you've been posting. [Frown]

Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry that should be DVD player software developers, not DVD player manufacturers. [Smile]
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Triton:
...wretchedly poor documentation and I cannot find any buttons or hot keys in the UI that would allow me to do it. ATI's web site isn't any more enlightening on this topic..

What.
You mean like this button?
The one with the big red arrow pointing to it?
 -

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wait.. which button?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps