Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » That darn cat! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: That darn cat!
Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have two cats, Fubar and Nuts. Had a third named Psycho but she got run over by a lawn-mower. (Long story involving a sick neighbor who is now in the psych-ward.)

All of them have a condition called The Rips. That's when they suddnly bolt awake and pounce on some non-existant somthing or other only they can see. Rather funny to watch.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psycho seems to be a common name. My parents have four... Psycho & Schitzo (brothers), and Lucy & Pauly (sisters)...

Psycho is just... weird. He tends to attack things that aren't there, attack Lucy (who will promptly kick his ass)... Schitzo is parinoid and delusional, 'nuff said. Never gets close to anyone. Ever. Unless they're already petting him, in which case he cares not.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a cat named Sadie, had her for a while. Found her hanging around our house in Valpo as a stray, we've kept her since. She's rather unique looking, black and brown with a white ring at the tip of her tail. She's probably around 4 years old now at least. She's fond of late nite feedings of sliced ham, and chasing the bugs and birds in the yard. She hates me however, so I abuse that fact by messing with her head.

She also can't figure out the odd contraption we have that is my sister's guinea pig. It interests her and scares the crap out of her at the same time. The guinea pig couldn't give a shit about the cat, however.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cat IS on crack cocaine. Seriously. She's insane. She tends to go on these hyperactive spurts all the time where she'll run around the house like a bat out of hell. And she stalks you when walking around the house and attacks your legs. She's one crazy cat.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my cousins had a cat back in 1990... cute little thing. Then one day he was crushed by the automatic garage door because he tried to run out. Then they had a dog that drowned about a year ago in the pool. Now they have a hyperactive laberador who likes to roll in horse manure and hump visitors.

What's the lesson... get a fish for a pet. When they die, you don't really feel that bad about easily replacing them.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two cats, Willow and Bramble (Mother and daughter). Picked them up from the cattery today, where they've been for two weeks. Willow's relief at being able to get away from Bramble (who is not the brightest of cats and usually eats most of the food) was immense.

Also in Greece I was adopted by a cat at one taverna. My fault for feeding him Souvlaki... And there were incredibly cute kittens at another taverna I went to who liked curling up in flower pots.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found a couple pictures of my cat.

http://mapcomplex.thesz.com/files/cat2.jpg
http://mapcomplex.thesz.com/files/cat4.jpg

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's so ...

... blurry.

[Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect because she's poising to leap at the person daring to attempt to photograph her. 9)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I constantly get flea bites on my legs because of our dog.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not all of us can afford a high-quality digital camera, Snay [Razz]

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have a digital camera, even a low end one. Maybe this fall sometime. Where the heck have YOU been, anyway? I sold my Jeep!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And he is now known as "Darth Celica".

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Well, since graduating, I've been involved with the TFC community(a Halflife MOD) but I have since dropped out of that, due to many reasons(the largest being Real Life). I've been popping in every now and then here.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well shit, I'm involved with the CS community but you don't see me leaving Flare (much to everyone's chagrin, I'm sure).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps