Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » That darn cat! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: That darn cat!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flare is real life now?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bump* I've just got this more recent photo that I thought some people here might enjoy seeing. For those who don't like reading old parts of the thread again, this is Maia and Pandora, two sisters we adopted back in May. They'll turn a year old sometime in March (we don't know when).

-

Maia is on the left, and Pandora is on the right. Their heads aren't overlapping or anything -- they just look like they're connected weird because of the angle and how they're snuggling up against each other.

(It's amazing how BIG they're getting already!) [Smile]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DEVIL CATS! DEVIL CATS!

When I first got Tippy, she was about six weeks old. She could literally curl up in the palm of my hand. And now! Well, she's a regular fatso.

Whose legs are those cats claiming as their sovereign fur-itory?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, cameras do come with anti-red eye flashes now. Are you ALL that terrible at taking photos?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Dan's a cat-lover? That almost makes up for his constant mac-missionarian-isms... [Razz] (Then again...I'm a mozilla missionary...so I shouldn't complain. [Wink] )

I used to have a cat named Smokey, smartest cat that I've ever seen, and one of the kindest. We finally had to put her down after knowing her for a few years (she adopted us when she was 15, just to put it into perspective) due to diabetes and numerous infections. I was crushed for several weeks. [Frown]

We have a new cat named Shadow, pure black, and evil. She likes hanging out with the family (whenver there's 2 or more in one room she's invariably in that room) but she always looks away or something to pretend that she's completely independent. She also loves hands. [Smile] Eating them that is...

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snay: Yeah, we got these two when they were eight weeks old. At the shelter, they were climbing over my shoulders while I was standing up straight. It's amazing how small they are at first... and how they grow. Pandora will eat anything in sight, and she's getting to be a regular porker.

Liam: No, my dad took that photo and sent it to me. They're both sharing my mom's legs.

Manticore: Cat-lover is putting it mildly. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I...envy you...

[Razz]

Cats rule, dogs drool! [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Theoden, TTT

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My grandmother's cat is 17 lbs. and (when on it's hind legs) is over two feet tall.
It's not fat: it's one of those six-toed Hemmingway Cat freaks.

Cool cat though.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is Billie.

-

And she's totally insane. She's presently sitting on the desk trying to get at my ice cream sandwichs.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now she's watching an ant walk across the desk.

Nut.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Manticore
Member # 1227

I think that you just described every cat in existence Jay. [Razz]

--------------------
-Theoden, TTT

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our two beasties. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Aww, they're all beautiful cats there!

Lee: What are your cats' names again?

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a couple of shots of my own personal insane fuzzball, Poncho.

-
 -

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frazzle (sleeping - male, 7, Persian cross, my wife's cat) and Dizzy (who doesn't usually have such a mad stare - female, 3, British shorthair, a pedigree with vet bills to match, an engagement present from my wife).

Poncho, eh? Probably no more named for the character in Predator than my cat is for the character in Starship Troopers. . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps