Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » It lifts! It separates! It calls the cops?!? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: It lifts! It separates! It calls the cops?!?
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Trivial pursuit is nice. When they asked "which country invented blah blah" you can bet your ass on it the answer is "The Netherlands" How original. Groan. My parents loved it though.

But, why do women have breasts anyway? They get in the way, are sometimes too heavy, and can choke a child if you're careless. I mean, no other living being on earth has them. So why? Though I guess I could also ask why humans don't have hair, and have menstruation. Note that all these specifically human traits are nuisances. And often female. I'm glad I'm a man!

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hair? Do you mean fur?

------------------
"Just remember...you're the queen!"
Tom Paris to Janeway, "Bride of Chaotica!"

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bra with heart-rate monitor, GPS, cell-phone, and the battery to power them.

Is this a new definition of "technical support?"

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have breasts to nurse our young.... mammary glands.

------------------
"Nothing can be altered, there is nothing to decide
No escape, no change of heart, no anyplace to hide
You are all I'll ever want, but this I am denied
Sometimes in my darkest thoughts, I wish I'd never learned
What it is to be in love and have that love returned"

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what RW was referring to is the fact that human female mammary glands are typically only a tiny fraction of the tissue that comprises a breast. Desmond Morris brings that subject up in "The Human Animal". His theories include the probability that human female breasts are larger than in other primates simply because human females do not have an obvious estrus.

Secondary sexual characteristics exist only to provide us males a clue to when a female is old enough to breed. It's more complex than that, but judging by some of the males I have known, I suppose we might have died out in the absence of such blatant signals.

--Baloo

------------------
I have an unfair advantage.
I have a dictionary and I'm not afraid to use it!
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:P well fine then. I hearby withdraw my statement. *L*
stupid trivial pursuit...

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Baloo: That guy! I saw this TV programme of him once and it suddenly struck me as odd: Why ain't animals got no tits if humans do? (sorta) And aside from getting in the way and all, they only provide more substance for cancer to grow in. Which is exactly what's up with my mother now :[

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But on the upside, they provide a pleasant distraction from, er, anything.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As if I'm hearing men complain about women having breasts...*blinks* *shakes her head* *wanders off to find some Q-tips*

------------------

http://sapphire.solareclipse.net

WAIT......

Keyboard error
Press <�F1 > to RESUME_

[This message has been edited by Dani (edited July 07, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Dani (edited July 07, 1999).]

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to RW: actually it's a little known fact but men get breast cancer too . It's just not as a big of a deal amoung men as it is amoung women.

Actually I believe the reason humans have breasts (human females that is ) is that before we humans walked upright the butt was the common sexual display (the obvious estrus that Baloo was talking about). However when we walked upright the primary sexual display the butt might be miss by someone passing in front of the females, so the theory goes a second frontal sexual display was added, namely the breast. I believe that is what I heard from one of Desmond Morris shows.

HMS White Star

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if Desmond Morriss' theories are absolutely correct, but they do seem to explain why the adolescent male brain tends to pop all it's circuit-breakers when a healthy human female is observed.

Yes, women, you heard right. We weren't being stupid, we were mentally handicapped by our endocrine systems. That's why teenaged men have such a difficult time conversing with teenaged women. Unless we were speaking from a well-rehearsed script, we only had about 3 neurons capable of stringing syllables together and calling it speech.

------------------
Christ is coming soon.
Look busy.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited July 07, 1999).]

RW
Member # 27

Ah, breasts. I'll never touch them.. Sigh. I'll never even get close to them. Girls avoid me. I hate myself.

Anyway, so I can get breast cancer too? Hm. I already have the breasts... I should lose some weight. But I can't.

HELP ME! I'M A SAD UGLY SUCKER!!

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RW: you can, actually. Cases of male breast cancer is not as rare as one would think.

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do I get the feeling that a huge breast should be entering the forums, chasing us?

------------------
"Nothing can be altered, there is nothing to decide
No escape, no change of heart, no anyplace to hide
You are all I'll ever want, but this I am denied
Sometimes in my darkest thoughts, I wish I'd never learned
What it is to be in love and have that love returned"

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think that breasts would be a way to draw attention to the particular female, since studies have shown that busty women are no better at nursing, and, in fact, sometimes worse.

I'm sure that some of you are familiar with that Seinfeld where Jerry compares clevage to the sun, in that you should only take quick peaks. Well, a few weeks ago, my friend and I were talking about Star Trek in the caf, when I rather well endowed girl we both know bent over in front of us to grab a pen, causing her shirt to fall forward.

The conversation, which had been brisk and heated, stopped dead.

My friend said "Matt, you know that Seinfeld episode when Jerry makes that analogy about the breasts and the sun."

"Yeah, yeah I do," says I. "And frankly," I continued, "I think I just stared at a detonating nuclear weapon."

As that story illustrates, for some reason, breasts do paralyze us. I don't know why. Perhaps one of you do.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps