Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Snap! Crackle! Pop! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Snap! Crackle! Pop!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The359,

It's really not THAT bad.

I remember working at Blockbuster many many moons ago ... I have a particular vivid memory of working Christmas Eve, '97 (this was when BBV didn't allow their employees holidays off), and some dude in his late-forties (with his young kids in tow) started cussing out one of my co-workers over a late fee. This is like 10pm, there's one BIG line all the way back to the New Release wall, and winding through the core section, and we've got four registers opening, and there are LOTS O LOTS of kids in line (not to mention his own) and this guy was using words that I'd never heard before! He was being so loud, one of the guys from Subway (next door) came over to ask him to kindly shut the fuck up because he was disturbing their customers.

Anyway, the MOD, this big guy named Sean, finally walked over, informed the customer that he had two choices: pay the late fee (like, $3 or something) and rent the videos; or get the hell out of the store and never come back. The guy was like "Why don't you just credit it?" Sean's reply: "You don't call my employees what you just called her and benefit from it."

Sadly, it's rare that you work with managers of Sean's caliber ... [Frown]

And, I mean, on Christmas Eve? What a jackass.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ture, usually they seem to be pissing themselves trying to make the customer happy and firing the poor employee whose only mistake was to follow policy....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I currently work at the front desk at a museum. The job is pretty good and it pays well. Sometimes we get some really weird people in. Its always fun playing bouncer, because some people just can't seem to get it into their heads that you have to pay an admission fee to get into the museum...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not in Washington, DC you don't!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much worth seeing there then....

I like the small town ones that ask for a donation, which I usually make, since it isn't demanded....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I can't even get mad: it's like working in a sitcom world for $15 an hour."

But most customers are from the Full House continent, or something.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps