Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What a Friday! (bit late, eh...) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What a Friday! (bit late, eh...)
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That reminds of something funny.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing -- and I mean NOTHING -- is funnier than a boner in sweatpants.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't say I've studied that before.....

My best car was a Buick, my worst car was a Chrysler....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
That's what you get for driving a GM. [Wink]

I drive a GM too, thank you very much. In fact, all the vehicles in my family are GMs.

And Siegfried, it'd help to know which warning light exactly is coming on.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the "Service Engine Soon" light. Long story short, the Saturn service department apparently doesn't know what the hell it's doing since in the course of 4 months and five visits the motherhumper is still on.

Saturday, I'll be seeing if they screwed me over by just guessing that the computer needed replacing instead of knowing for damn certain that the computer needed replacing.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faulty wiring on some sensor would be my guess of the cause. But then, there are so many sensors within the engine that would trip the "Service Engine Soon" light, it could be almost anything...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Been there, done that, have the service invoices.

The cause in June was an O2 sensor, a coolant sensor, and arching in the spark plugs and wiring harness. That's not a case of shoddy service since the coolant gauge was screwy and the engine was hesitating.

The cause in June, Part 2, was the technicians failing to correctly reset the fault codes from the earlier service. I believed this since the warning light came back on almost immediately. Codes reset, and the light comes back on almost immediately.

The cause in June, Part 3, was that the power control module (aka computer) was bad and needed to be replaced at a cost of $700.

Last weekend, I took my car in to have the PCM replaced after finally saving up the money. I was promised by the service advisor that this would correct the problem. The light come back on after driving about 20 miles after I got my car back.

I think the Saturn technicians just sit at my car with a Ouija board opened up on the engine to guide them in their diagnosis.

--------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Well, yes, they're screwing you, but the most likely problem is they've missed some other sensor.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They placed a small remote LED controler in your dashboard and milked you for $700! [Big Grin]
I could have just got you one at the model train store for $50....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do it the old fashioned way, since you replaced the parts and it still comes on, if it runs okay, trace the wire and kill the light.... This looks better than the electrical/duct tape on the dash.....

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason: "...and milked you for $700!"

I'm sure I could get a full evening at the "Queen of Hearts" in downtown Stockholm for that fee. *spanketispank*

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

If it weren't for the fact that the two most direct routes to school are through the ghetto or on a freeway, I'd be riding a bicycle during the week. Work is only three miles up the road, and everything I'd need (groceries, bank, etc) is all within a one-mile radius.

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Hell, for $700.00 you could have bought a year you two of protection in the ghetto....

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

For $700 I could have rented a dozen hookers for an hour. Regardless, tomorrow I go back to the shop and see what the monkey-flingers say about it this time. Whoopie.

--------------------

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Long story short, the Saturn service department apparently doesn't know what the hell it's doing

Here's the problem! You're going to the flipping DEALER for service. Go to an indie shop. Like Goodyear or Firestone or whatever you got around you.

The Service Department relies on situations like you describe to make money. 9 times out of ten they don't even staff real techs, the 'people' there just do what the computer tells them to do. They have no real troubleshooting ability, they just smack a dignostic tool on and follow the prompts.

Look around on the Net and see if you can find a listing of Saturn trouble-codes. Odds are you can force the EMM to give up the codes to you by fiddling with the wires under the dash or somthing... Find out what the codes are and then go to an independent shop and tell them what to fix.

I had trouble with my Neon years ago, the dealer kept replacing the O2 sensor and the coolant sensor and the speed sensor untill I looked up the codes. You can force Dodge computers to display the codes via the Check Engine light. When it was all said and done, the fault was the COMPUTER MODULE itself, not the sensors.

Good luck!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps