Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Police Protection, anyone? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Police Protection, anyone?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, the people who blame this guy for "keeping the Cubs out of the World Series"... He didn't even get the guy on-base. And how, exactly, is he responsible for the seven other Marlins who scored that inning? And, moreover, what possible responsibility could he have for the other three games the Cubs lost?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because the asssholes need a scape goat for their team choking.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's called a "cascade effect"?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A cascade effect?

A guy sitting in the stands going for a foul ball and accidentally intereferes with a player on the team he loves is responsible for the Cubs choking? This lone guy who didn't even stay the remainder of Game 6 caused Rodriguez to miss an out at second immediately after the Alou incident? And he caused the Cubs to play so terribly that the Marlins scored 8 runs? While not in attendance at Game 7, he also caused the entire Cubs roster to continue playing like crap?

Cascade effect my rear end. The ball players get paid a ton to be professional ball players. A little tiff with a fan is not going to throw off their baseball chi and cause them to continue a playoff meltdown that started before the guy even got to the stadium.

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, Sig. It's just that Cubs fans are not going to let that go any time soon. Everywhere Bartman goes, he is going to be hated by everyone.

It doesn't excuse the Cubs' pitiful performance. Even if Bartman "cost them" Game 6, they had their top pitcher and home field advantage for Game seven. The fact that they gave 17 runs in less than 10 innings gives reason that the Cubs alone squandered all their opportunities.

I do find it funny that Cubs Coach Dusty Baker was last year's coach of the San Francisco Giants.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm just saying, Saltah'na. I just hope the guy has some great friends because he's going to need their support.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, and I bet he's also the reason the Bears signed Kordell Stewart too.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not hated by everyone, I cheer the man....

Yes, I too hope he has some Cardinal fans as friends, or Cubs fans that have at least half a brain, which I am finding is a rough thing to find here in this shit hole state.....

--------------------

Saltah'na
Member # 33

This lone guy who didn't even stay the remainder of Game 6 caused Rodriguez to miss an out at second immediately after the Alou incident?

According to some people I talked to, there was mention that the second out was made before the Marlins took the lead, and after Gonzalez's error. I don't know, I never watched the game. They say that Cubs fans were probably thinking that Alou should have caught the ball, then there would be two outs in the eighth.

But it is pointless anyways.

Bosox didn't fare any better. Why in the world would you leave your starting pitcher out like that after 100+ pitches? They should have replaced him to start the eighth.

I would have loved to see a Red Sox vs Cubs series, but due to both teams arrogance, we are treated to yet another boring World Series.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tsk. You lot are pathetic at this. When we get annoyed with sportmen, we send them literal shit through the mail, threaten to kill their children, and put effigies of them with nooses around their necks at the enterances to public houses. And the tabloids make amusing puns on their names and/or nationalities.

Silly Alpay. What a TURKEY he was. Eh?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

He's not a sportman, if you mean player... but a fan....

I don't know if he is a sportman, if you mean any kind of mantrain type thing.... but you can write him and find out....

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I an write him how? As a dynamic player who must balance his sporting life with a turbulant love life while also secretly dressing up in tights and fighting bad guys by night?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Just shine the mantrain signal in to the sky and he will come prancing up to you.....

--------------------

Saltah'na
Member # 33

They blew it up.... *sniff*

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those maniacs! God damn them! God damn them all to hell!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps