Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My lovelife is some kind of bizarre now. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: My lovelife is some kind of bizarre now.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Still, I demand a recount and reordering.

I'm a Republican. We don't believe in recounts.

quote:
Originally posted by Balaam Xumucane:
Precious Siggy, you're so money and you don't even know it.

Damn it. I guess this means I actually have to start practicing again.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Well, I've been thinking about what Siggy wrote, and I had some sage advice to offer. But then he didn't include me in his list (despite my classic tale of struggling through adversity to find true love), so he can sod off and die alone.

Yes, thank you, I intend to do just that. And, sweet Jebus sucking down amaretto sours, I included an "etc." in my list!

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
The359

Mine dumped me in April after about 10 months together, depending on how you define "together". Prior to that I had a shitty relationship of 3 months that I regret. Prior to that I had nothing. I am definatly not deserving of being on that list for any sort of comparison.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno. Remember, Omega's on there too.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna get married....

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've wanted to get married most of my life. Spent a long time looking for her. Finally found her after about fourteen years of active searching (knowing what I wanted and didn't want). She's awesome... Just ask Topher.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
I wanna get married....

Sweet! I'll meet you in Vegas in....say, three days? [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One funeral and a wedding... and then shortly thereafter another funeral.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So....you're saying she's dangerous?!?

mmmm....dangerous.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I should just change my publicly-displayed name to 'etc.'

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My last relationship ended in October 2002 after almost three wonderful years.
In the first few months after I tried to find someone new, but now I have come to enjoy the advantages of being single more and more.

Only at this time of the year it is kind of strange, what with Christmas being a time of love and enjoying time together with your loves ones...

And I always wanted to get married. Actually I wanted to marry the girl that is now my ex - but that's life...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...the hottest woman I've ever dated was going steady with the trumpet-playing midget bandleader of a swing band. The guy wasn't even very good looking. Like not even 4-1/2 feet tall."

Case in point: she left him. B)

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you were my friend Aaron, then I'd be complaining about your bad mannerisms, the way you speak, and how every third word that comes out of your mouth has something to do with sex.

I don't think you are. Aaron is 26, and still hasn't even gotten A date. And he's complaining. Since he is stubborn like a mule, I guess there is nothing my friends or myself can say to him. He may as well be forever doomed to the life of a unpopular bachelor.

That being said, you'll probably have more luck. The only issue is whether or not you'll have to fight for a date or if a date will come to you. Given from the picture that you posted earlier, and the fact that I am nowhere close to being a sex god, and the fact that I had to fight hard to get a girlfriend (and date her for 5 years), the only issue here is, yes you'll eventually get one, but how hard you have to fight for it is the question.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
"...the hottest woman I've ever dated was going steady with the trumpet-playing midget bandleader of a swing band. The guy wasn't even very good looking. Like not even 4-1/2 feet tall."

Case in point: she left him. B)

That's true, she did. But then she and I dated sporadically for maybe three weeks. If I remember correctly, she'd gone out with the little guy for nearly six months.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The girl I was seeing just changed her mind this weekend. I say changed her mind because that's pretty much all it was. For three months we've been talking about marriage... what our lives would be like, how awesome our relationship will be, how incredible it's been to know one another, etc. Seemingly, we were everything the other person wanted. In fact, I know we were because we've expressed that many a time.

This week, though... she changed her mind. Not just about me... she's started to question many aspects of her life. But this weekend she left because she couldn't handle being around me any more.

Heh... silly me... I actually tried to prove the sincerity of my feelings by trying to talk to her about what was bothering her and letting her know i was there to help her. That's when she started to cry and left for home.

And women wonder why men learn to hate and fear them. I was never one of those guys that believed all women are manipulative, selfish creatures. I'm about 10 steps closer to believing that today.

Bah.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah. True freedom comes when you realize they're a completely separate species that we each need in order for the macrospecies to continue. Jen's my best friend, and I love her utterly. And there are also times when she takes a complete left turn from anything reason would suggest, and it takes all my understanding and patience to nudge her through the crisis point.

Aban, if you have any feelings of friendship for this girl, you won't give up on her just because she's being irrational/stupid/confusing/whatever. They do that. Push. Gently. Until she actually starts talking to you about what's going on in her head. And even if you don't end up back together, you'll both be better off for understanding her a little more.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps