Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My lovelife is some kind of bizarre now. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: My lovelife is some kind of bizarre now.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I haven't given up, there's just nothing I can do right now. Every time I've tried to talk to her, it's made things worse. And she doesn't want me around. If I don't hear from her in a week or so, I'll try to get ahold of her. But I know she needs a few days break from me.
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe she cried because she knows you're the nicest guy in the world but she's not the one for you? But in any case, do try to get her to talk about it -- when she's ready. If she loves you, the least she could do is explain.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, Aban, that really sucks. My roommate was in the same situation a couple years ago. Only, my roommate was the one who suddenly changed his mind. That got to be a real messy sitution because the girlfriend dragged me into the fracas. I think what you're doing now, about giving her some time, is a good idea. I'll also echo what Tora has said. Just from what I know about you through your posts, you are really one of the nicest guys I think I've met. I don't think it's anything you've done to cause her to change her mind and leave. Maybe she either thinks that, now, you aren't right for her or that she suddenly got cold feet? I wish you well on this.

As for this thread, I think my lack of clarity in the original post and in my subsequent posts has led to this thread focusing on giving me advice. I really appreciate all the advice, and I really appreciate some of the humor tossed my way (boy, do I need the humour -- two killer finals on Wednesday). However, my intent wasn't to have a "oh woe is me I have no girlfriend" self-pity party. It was meant more to show that, I'm at the point where the advice I'm getting is getting a bit odd. I can see the picking up women at the symphony singles mixers. I can kinda see this at political rallies. However, at Trek conventions? I'm dubious on that.

So, to sum up, thanks for the advice, and I'll remember all of it. However, I'm not shopping for a girlfriend at the moment (or possibly ever thanks to a conversation I had today). Thank you all, and God Bless Turnips.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. If Aban isn't succeeding in matters of love, then what hope have the rest of us got?

I might as well slice off my penis right now.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ai No Corrida! Er, I mean, Ay Carumba!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And, I mean, look at all the guys here who either have girlfriends, recently had girlfriends, or are chick magnets: ... Sol System
Bizarro Sol System, I think you mean.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me am upbeat.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so depressed that I gave up on growing a beard. It looked silly anyway.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^

Never give up. There is a beard for every man, and some women. You just have to let grow a bit, then work with the razor to find something you like. It's been years in the process for me. Right now, my Goatee has hit about six inches long. I had one beard once, that I really liked, but like a fool, I shaved it for little reason, and have never got that shape again. It was also goatee like, but it was square. Eveytime I've tried to get it back to that shape, I've messed it up and ended up shaving and starting over. That's what led to what I have now.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I am so depressed that I gave up on growing a beard."

The flashy red face and blinding yellow hair weren't enough for you?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The facial hair award defintely has to go to Friedrich Nietzsche's moustache.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, Liam:

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
And everyone wear fake facial hair. When the pictures show up, we'll no doubt hear Liam's head exploding, all the way across the Atlantic.

Notice the number of people here with real facial air. And notice the number of people here who are geeks.

And why no pictures of Charles? We took the piss enough when you had the shit teenage hippy computer programer beard. Surely now that puberty has hit, it can't look as bad, can it?

Depressed, eh?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I was depressed enough to start copying Charles. Then I became more depressed, and stopped. Plus I remembered that beards on young 20-somethings look stupid. Like all beards.

Plus, I don't think I had enough facial hair to pull it off. Diane laughed!

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soul patch.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the only facial hair you need!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps