Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Bush in Space (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Bush in Space
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that some are of the opinion that Bush will use the 100th anniversary of the Kitty Hawk flights to announce a new push for manned exploration in space.

link

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwww...I was hoping we were gonna eject him.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bush proclaims Mars part of the Axis of Evil because Marvin Martian has weapons of mass destruction (the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator) and has threatened the security of the U.S. (where's the Earth-shattering kaboom?). We invade; we conquer; we begin long, drawn-out conflict with Martian freedom fighters and remaining pro-Marvin forces.

Meanwhile, we find out that the CIA got its intelligence from Cartoon Network.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

bX
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Our problem now is intelligence !!

[ December 04, 2003, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

bX
Member # 419

While I'm at it...
 -

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In space, no-one can hear him scream...
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In space, no Martian gives a fu*k about G.W.B. ...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...China has put a man in orbit, plans a launch of three Sinonauts together...
A Sinonaut would be someone travelling to China.. Denis E. Powell is a stupid man.

I quote from the Wikipedia

quote:

The term taikonaut is used for astronauts from China. The term was coined in May 1998 by Chiew Lee Yih from Malaysia, who used it first in newsgroups. Almost simultaneously, Chen Lan coined it for use in the Western media based on the term "taikong" (太空 in pinyin: tai4 kong1), Chinese for space. It is however unclear how to translate the "naut" term into Chinese, and simply using the term taikongren or taikongyuan (taikong person) is problematic since that term is used already to mean space alien.

Chinese officials and newspapers use the term yuhangyuan (宇航員) in Chinese, however, which roughly translates as "space navigator." Unlike the Soviet case, there are no Chinese objections, political or otherwise, to the English use of the term Chinese astronaut.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
In space, no Martian gives a fu*k about G.W.B. ...

Fuck.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FCUK

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, this new push for manned space flight...

On what? The Shuttles Of Doom? Managed by NASA?

Don't make me laugh.

If he's serious then he'll free up money for private development of space-flight.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I just add: F**K

Oh sorry, I meant FUCK!!!! [Wink]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Styrofoaman:
So, this new push for manned space flight...

On what? The Shuttles Of Doom? Managed by NASA?

Don't make me laugh.

If he's serious then he'll free up money for private development of space-flight.

Here we go again [Roll Eyes]
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bush, nine-fingers and the shuttle of doom?

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps