Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Graphics Card Question (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Graphics Card Question
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The prices I mentioned earlier are in Canadian, in which $130 Canadian => 57.70 British pounds at last glance.

As for the 9200 and the 5200, I wouldn't touch them at all. They are tweaked down versions of their predecessors, the 9200 from the 9000 and the 5200 from the GeForce4 MX440. Don't bother with them, or they will become outdated faster than Beckham can bend a soc... err... football.

Besides, the first post was meant as sarcasm.

You're welcome.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Candian dollars really aren't worth, well, much at all. Still, thanks for the help.

Is the 5200 really a GeForce4 MX? Because those aren't even DX 8.1 cards, are they? Is the 5200 a DX 9 card then or not?

I will try and get him to spend more, but it's not too likely. He can't even really afford the �40, but he wants to play Pro Evo more than, er, live. Yeah, I know those two cards will become outdated, but he's still soldering on with a TNT2, so any step up will be fairly big.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just read the first link, it has benchmarks of everything from the low end Geforce 4 MX to an ATI 9800. No, the 9200 is not a DX 9.0 part (its a tweaked version of the 9000, which builds on the 8500), while the 5200 is (even though its just a redesign of the Geforce 4 MX). But it hardly matters as you'll see from the link.

If you have to buy from this price bracket, get the 9200.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keywords TWEAKED DOWN. One thing is for sure, the benchmarks for the 9000 are better than the GeForce MX440.

If you could track down a Radeon 9000 Pro, get it. It would probably cost less than $100 Canadian, which would probably be less than your 50 Pounds.

Still, if you can find a Forsa GeForce FX 5600, you might as well get it for its price and performance. I wouldn't.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps