Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Airl!ne (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Airl!ne
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... is a new series on A&E. I watched about 15 minutes and turned it off because of the overwhelming desire to beat this stupid California bimbo into a bloody pulp.

Bitch shows up with her two kids in tow at the Chicago terminal of Southwest airlines. Oh, guess what, she missed her flight by ten minutes ... why did she miss her flight? Because instead of showing up two hours prior to the flight as advised by the airline, she showed up TEN minutes prior and got stuck in the security screening line.

And then she's walking around the airport embarassing her kids and everyone she's related to with her bitching. Oh my freakin' lord, will someone just put a bullet in her brain? WTF?

And then one of the other bits was about a group of 40 kids traveling to some BMX exhibition who refused to settle down who were running up and down the aisles scaring the crap out of all the passengers, while one of their chaperones apparently kept screaming: "We're all going to die." After the plane landed, the Chicago PD boarded and the kids started calling them "mother fuckers."

Y'know, I mean, especially AFTER 9/11, don't you fucking think I meant maybe just a little bit think that most people would know to show up early and be well behaved on a flight?

PS - the "10 minute late" bitch I just really want to beat to death with a plastic spoon.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you only just getting around to the "Fly on the wall documentary" epidemic that we had between 2000 and 2003? You are slow.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, funny thing happened to me at work the other day.... this guy called in to dispute a charge that was put on his credit card (I work for a credit card call center for a certain bank that shall remail nameless) Now, it is COMPLETELY within a card holder's rights to dispute the charge is services were not rendered as promised, or the merchant double bills, or the product was defective, or whatever.... but THIS guy wanted to dispute a $500 charge that was done by Delta for a plane ticket to Mexico. WHY did he want to dispute this charge??? Because they wouldn't let him on the plane. And why wouldn't they let him board? Because he did not bring a passport or birth certificate with him. Therefore, they wouldn't let him leave the country.

His contention? It was the airline's fault because they did not tell him over the phone when he ordered that he'd need to bring those. Granted, he admitted that it was listed on his boarding pass and the other documents they sent him to confirm the flight, but because they didn't SAY it, he felt the airline was at fault for his vacation being ruined.

okay, here's my thought:

HELLO??!!?! He was leaving the COUNTRY!!! It's no big secret that airlines are tightening up on security... what would make one think that they DON'T need to bring their ID and passport with the before trying to take that flight? Oy.

People amaze me.... *shakes head*

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work with smart people.
Our delivery driver was told to pick up a few cases of paper at Office Depot and he called us to report they dont sell paper.
He was at HOME depot.

Another worker (at the other store I work at) tried to burn a CD for a customer and couldnt understand why the burner wouldnt recognise the CD.
She had opened up a new pack of CD's and placed the protective clear plastic "fake CD" into the drive.

I work with managers that cant check E-Mail.

I help customers that own computers but dont know how to save a file onto a floppy disk. The same people think that if their print doesnt come out immeadeately, it's smart to click "print" repeadeately untill something prints out.

Customers call me at work at 4AM to ask "Are you open?"
Why in fuck would I be at work, answering the phone if we were'nt open?!?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Are you only just getting around to the "Fly on the wall documentary" epidemic that we had between 2000 and 2003? You are slow.
No, Liam. I am commenting on a brand new "fly on the wall documentary" that premiered this week on A&E, and I am venting my rage at certain customers depicted on the documentary for being flaming stupid shitholes. I thought I made this very clear in my post, but apparently, you are slow.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Liam's contention is that, while everyone else in the known universe has been subjected to endless reality TV shows over the past 4 years and have already come to the conclusion that the world is full of braindead morons, this phenomenon has somehow passed you by. The logical question is, then, where the fuck have you been?!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reality shows like these only serve to reinforce my belief that evolution doesn't quite work as advertised and is long overdue for a major product revision. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better a revision than a recall....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm not THAT big a proponent of intelligent design. B)

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
quote:
No, Liam. I am commenting on a brand new "fly on the wall documentary" that premiered this week on A&E, and I am venting my rage at certain customers depicted on the documentary for being flaming stupid shitholes. I thought I made this very clear in my post, but apparently, you are slow.
Also we had to put up with this particular gem of the genre several years ago. Although it was called Airport. Still crap though.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
while everyone else in the known universe has been subjected to endless reality TV shows over the past 4 years and have already come to the conclusion that the world is full of braindead morons, this phenomenon has somehow passed you by. The logical question is, then, where the fuck have you been?!
I was talking about two braindead morons in particular, and the unbelievable stupidity displayed even after the events of 9/11. I was not talking about a generic bunch of braindead morons across the world.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, come on, this is getting ridiculous. You lot have used 9/11 as an excuse for enough things, now you want to use it as a reason why people shouldn't be stupid?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
Member # 256

I must be slow or something, but how and where and when did we jump from all too common human stupidity to US foreign policy, again?

--------------------

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please...

That fine purveyor of Scottish cuisine....McDonald's.... has for quite a while used cash registers that no longer have words on the buttons but little icons of the product. The machines also have to make the change for our illustrious monuments to the Education System.

We have a TV show called "Street Smarts" that asks obvious or basic questions to our illuminated public and have you guess whether they will get it right or not.

We have people trying to overturn an election by trying to "discern the intent" of voters who were obviously not intelligent enough to punch a hole in a piece of paper.

And finally....

Brittney Spears....

'nuff said

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
You lot have used 9/11 as an excuse for enough things, now you want to use it as a reason why people shouldn't be stupid?
First off, what the fuck do you mean "you lot"? Do you mean Americans? Because if you mean me, I hope you can show what else I've used 9/11 as an excuse for. As an excuse for war in Iraq? As an excuse to roll back civil liberties? As an excuse to keep Congress from questioning our inept president? I'm against all those things, Lee, and the next time you decide to lump me in with Omega and Rob, please wake up.

As I fucking stated in plain and clear fucking English, what surprised me was that of all the media attention given to the new security procedures at the airlines post-9/11, it surprises and pissed the fuck out of me that people could be so completely and incredibly stupid.

I am so very sorry to Lee and Liam that I have once again offended them with tales of stupid Americans. Please forgive me.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps