Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Refresh rate manager software? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Refresh rate manager software?
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI, I have a Gateway M505X notebook. I bought it this March to replace my 2001 Sony Vaio FX-340.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well 15" is decent for a laptop, you should be able to do 1024* no problem.

Mucus: "For the vast majority of LCD panels, and I'm almost willing to bet all TFT panels, the max-res IS the same as the native resolution.
This is because of the fact that an LCD physically only has the number of pixels that its native-mode resolution has."

I wasn't referring to LCD's, I meant usual CRTs. The max res you can use always lands on 60 Hz, so the max res with good refresh rate lands at around 75%-80% of its resolution scale.

I know LCDs give more screen for the buck, and have had lower radiation rates than glass screens already since the first Toshiba laptop around 1985.

I will buy one when 1: the price for a 19" has gotten more humane, 2: the response time drops under 10 milliseconds or less at a market-wide scale, and 3: the viewing angle is so wide and stable that I don't lose contrast and tint just because I lean back in the chair.

Just checked one of the top resellers in Stockholm, a good Hitachi 18" lands on about 1002 bucks, shipping excluded.

For 7500 kronors I could get a deluxe kingsize bed in which to sleep and screw like a king, instead of this little monitor. *snort*

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teach an old dog (okay, technically, I'm more of a bear [Wink] ) a new trick. How do you adjust the refresh rate?

--Baloo

--------------------
It is more important to understand than it is to agree.

http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right-click on your desktop, select "Properties", then the Settings tab, then Advanced, then the Monitor tab. Adjust away.
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. Done^2.

--Baloo

--------------------
It is more important to understand than it is to agree.

http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps