Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Yahoo! Mail facelift (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Yahoo! Mail facelift
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh. I'm the I'm Feeling Lucky for Phasers, and I didn't get any invites. I may start using Altavista instead, again.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Now I have six more, if anyone else wants one. Let me know your name and current e-mail address, if you do.

Any idea what the algorithm is for generating invites? I mean, probably a big bit is how early you got your account, but are there other factors like how much you use the account, how many different people to email (or receive from), etc.
Or is it purely, a fixed number per unit time?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know there's been some discussion about that elsewhere, but I don't believe Google itself has said anything about it.

I didn't get my account particularly early, nor have I used it much at all. I did hand out all three invitations within a fairly short period of time, and perhaps that has something to do with it.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got one more Gmail invitation in my current alotment. The first person to pm me gets it.

And if you'd like an invitation to Orkut and I haven't already sent you one, you can pm me too (these are basically unlimited).

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orkut?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orkut is Google's social networking service and is by invitation only to promote an "organic" growth (unlike Friendster, which you can just sign up for). www.orkut.com

--------------------
life creation in progress

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orkut is nice. I've found a lot of hot chicks on Orkut that I'll never speak to.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, and here I was thinking that Orkut seemed rather contrived and unrealistic. Well, what do you know...
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's too bad the internet sucks, is what I say.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Clint in the Academy-award winning Magnus Force; "The system stinks, but until something better comes along, I'm sticking to it."

Also, "if they could shoot like that, I wouldn't care if the whole precinct was queer."

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deadcujo:
I just went to check my Yahoo! e-mail account and got a page notifying me of their new streamlined design and a 100MB quota. The bad news is that it now looks even uglier; the good news is that I now have 99.5 more megabytes of storage I'll never use. I suppose I'd be more excited if I made more use of it, but I really don't. A nice move on their part, I guess, since anyone who wants one of those large Gmail accounts either has to know someone who can invite them or buy one from the thousands of auctions currently on eBay. I smell like carrot.

Hotmail wins:

------------------------------------------
In fact, you'll receive 125 times your current email storage with the introduction of a 250 MB inbox as well as the ability to send attachments up to 10 MB.
------------------------------------------

Think of all the penis enlargement ad-options I will have to choose from now....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In terms of storage, perhaps, but I have a feeling Hotmail will remain convoluted to the majority of its users. I'm still not sure how Hotmail has remained so popular despite its 2MB limit. How did they ever expect me to remain a happy customer if I always ran out of space to store my blinkies in?

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's a blinky? Is it like a terry blanket with little diodes in it?
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

Blinkies!

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Help!!
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps