Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ooooh, a pretty new dent (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ooooh, a pretty new dent
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some bitch in a suburban apparently decided that checking her mirrors was enough (hello, your truck's FLOOR is higher than my car's roof!) and backed right into my Celica. I have a nice dent just forward of the driver side front tire. Hoorah.

Got her information - probably go around the insurance company after I get some estimates for repairs. Aside for the dent - and the scratched paint - the damage seems to be mostly cosmetic. I do think my skid plate might have been loosened by the colision - its been scrapping all night.

I should mention I was at work when this was happened. There was my car, parked in a nice parking space, where cars are supposed to be parked. And there was her suburban, moving into my nice parking space, where my car was parked and she clearly wasn't parked. And then there was her bumper, inflicting pain and damage on my car!!!!!

Oh, I digress ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn this world.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like she was making an unsafe movement while parked. (Sorry; private joke. [Wink] )

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snay, I'd call her insurance company right away, but that's just me... no sense waiting on these things 'cause that can make make an insurance company think that you're trying to pull a fast one....

Just my own expert opinion speaking here [Smile]

Sorry to hear about your car though... that TOTALLY sucks....

Oh, and when you get estimates, get at LEAST two...

call me if you need anything... [Razz]

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And for people who don't understand American car lingo (like me), this hideous monstrosity is apparently a 'suburban'. No doubt for people with an exceptionally low self-esteem.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crummy.

A bit iffy on the details, so was she trying to get out of a parallel-parked spot and hit yours on the way out or did she just try to well, park on top of you?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
I do think my skid plate might have been loosened by the colision...

He he. He. He he he.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And for people who don't understand American car lingo..."

"American car lingo"? "Suburban" is a model of SUV produced by Chevrolet. Would terms like "Mustang" or "Corolla" be "American car lingo", too? They're just brand names.

This, by the way, is apparently a Chevy Suburban. I suspect the one you linked to has a different name, since it has a GMC logo on the front.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Mustang" and "Corolla" are very American car names though.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corolla is like not-Hyper American, as Toyotas are Japanese. Or Korean. Or whatever the hell Asian country Toyotas come from.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suburban.

SUV.

They are all the same thing, they just simply turn drivers into mindless assholes that need to be shot.

Damn them both.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least she did the decent thing and didn't drive off. I've had that happen, and of course it's my insurance premiums that go up because it has to be fixed.

As for SUVs in general, I drive one ('94 Nissan Pathfinder) and I like it very much. Because we can only afford one family vehicle, SUVs are basically the only thing that can do everything: carry the family to daycare, take long trips, haul around large things (like my drums), and get through the snow without killing myself. If you can only have one vehicle, you need it to be able to do everything.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Suburban was both Chevrolet and GMC, IIRC. Newer models of GMC SUVs based on the Suburban are called Yukons.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toyota is Japanese... I should know since I bought a 2004 and 2005 Corolla S within a 5 month timespan. My dad didn't want to drive his 2004 Toyota Sienna anymore since it's a V6 so I gave him my 2004 Corolla S... and bought the 2005 version.

It's too bad I don't know how to drive a stick since the 2005 Corolla XRS was being offered to me. But I really don't see the point of driving a stickshift in Los Angeles during rushour traffic.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in rush hour traffic you'd probably only need first gear most of the time...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps