Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ooooh, a pretty new dent (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ooooh, a pretty new dent
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For starters sticks are more fun. Originally I never wanted to learn and had a hard time doing so. I figured it was too much work to worrying about shifting all the time. Once I learned though and bought my 1990 Nissan 240SX I never went back to automatic. My 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer is also a stick.

Just another reason to hate fucking SUVs. [Mad]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since rapid acceleration and decceleration are going to me useful in rush hour trafic, then manual gears are going to be "better" than automatic, surely?

quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
Toyota is Japanese... I should know since I bought a 2004 and 2005 Corolla S within a 5 month timespan. My dad didn't want to drive his 2004 Toyota Sienna anymore since it's a V6 so I gave him my 2004 Corolla S... and bought the 2005 version.

What's so bad about a V6? And are you the richest man in the world, or what?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I've driven in LA rush hour traffic. Thankfully San Diego isn't nearly as bad. Sure driving a stick in stop-and-go traffic sucks, you're lucky to make it past second gear. If I were to have a high class luxury car I'd probably go with automatic. As it is, manuals are cheaper and get better milage.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that automatics actually get equivalent mileage by now. But then, I know little of cars.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt really twitchy in rush hour LA traffic driving an auto, felt like I didn't have the control a manual would give me. Got used to it though.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, Corollas are not that expensive as oppose to what I'm waiting for: the 2005 Acura TSX. Second, my financials are my own business.

I tried to drive my friend's Subaru WRX stickshift before... in LA traffic on a Friday. It wasn't the best experience but I tried it again. I could get used to it if I really wanted to get a stickshift but it all came down to my preference.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do more than enough baying like a prima-donkey about them for them to be private.
Hobbes
Member # 138

I too can join in on the pretty dent club.

I left my car at a friend's house for a couple weeks since I wouldn't be able to drive it. (Long story). I get back only to find a long scratch going across the passenger side front and back doors. I have no idea how much something like this is going to cost. Worst case scenario they have to replace the doors.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps