Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » New computer, penny pincher style (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New computer, penny pincher style
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
...I already have a NIC anyways, so if the LAN support on the motherboard is no good, I have that covered. And I already have 192 MB of RAM, so I should be fine with 448 MB in the end.

I was confused at the line break, I didn't see that that was the price of the Mobo and thought '10/100 Ethernet LAN support' was a separate item. Also, if you're planning to recycle the PC-100 DIMMs from your Presario and use them with the PC3200 DDR in your new box, you will need to rethink this plan.

Also, what the hell am I doing answering PC-tech questions? Buy a Mac. You'll be happier and girls will think you are sexy.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless, of course, they already know how shitty Macs are.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the RAM issue has been mentioned to me already. Oh well. 256 MB should be fine to start out with. And this is a budget computer, which means definately no Macs. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps