Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Oh, the irony of it all..... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Oh, the irony of it all.....
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*preface*
I just want to vent really quickly about something. I do not want this to turn into a religion bashing thread. I do not want this to turn into a SUV bashing thread. All I want is a little sympathy... [Razz]
*end preface*

Okay, so I spent 5 days in the middle of the Washington State desert last weekend, attending a Christian Music festival in the most BEAUTIFUL ampitheater ever, The Gorge at George, WA.

This music festival is a tradition of mine, and it truly is the highlight of my summer. It's a huge event, with about 25,000 people in attendance, most of whom camp out in the attached campgrounds at the Gorge.

My car was parked at the campsite, where I thought it would be the most safe - sad to say, lots of vandalism happens to cars that are parked in the overflow parking, and considering the amount of $$$ I've put into my car and stereo, I did NOT want to risk it.

Too bad it wasn't safe. A suburban in the campsite right next to ours backed into it in the middle of the night while they were packing up and going home. Then, they just drove away, leaving me to survey the damage in the morning.

It's not as bad as it could be, just a dented fender, but it's still VERY upsetting. I mean, come ON... the person that backed into my car KNEW they did it, there's no way they didn't, and they'd just spent 5 days doing the whole worshipping God and committing to take love and take care of our fellow man bit. The fact that they drive away just IRRITATES me.

Anywhere else, I wouldn't have been as irritated. But the irony that this would happen at a worship event. Oy. People suck.

Anyway, it's okay... I'm getting the car fixed as soon as I can come up with the money. Until then, it's just an eyesore.

Oh... and to make it worse? I just bought new rims and tires like a week beforehand. That means that now is the time I WANT to show off my car, but there's a big ol' dent in the fender right above the new rims, so it's not as fun.

Pleh.

~LOA

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The irony is, they knew Jesus would forgive them, so they could care less about smashing your car. [Wink]

Sucks hard.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why I hate SUVs, part whatever.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've actually done this. And I drove away. Fucker was virtually blocking my driveway anyway. Amusing thing was, nothing ever came of it. Whoever's car it was, they were visiting the poeple acroas the street, and they left in the middle of the night, obviously without noticing. I rule! }B)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take comfort in the fact that, if the Christian religions are actually right for the most part, I, an atheist, will get into heaven before most Christians.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, now. Maybe the people who trashed LOA's car were just atheists with a really bizarre musical preference. B)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye thety were athiests with a beat-up car and only went there to wreck Christian cars.....

Naaaaa....that's just be giving Christian hypocrites an "out".

(not that you're a hypocrite, LOA: just the ones that hit your car)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
I just want to vent really quickly about something. I do not want this to turn into a religion bashing thread. I do not want this to turn into a SUV bashing thread. All I want is a little sympathy...

Wow, that really sucks. I'm sorry, and I can understand your irritation considering the circumstances. How soon until you can get the money together to get the dent taken out and the paint touched up? Did you are anyone at the camp managed to get the license plate off of the Suburban that did it?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siggy~

No, no one has the license plate #, so I'm just going to have to deal with it on my own. As far as how soon I'll be able to do that, it's dependent on a few things....

See, I'm in the fairly lucky position of having an uncle that happens to do the purchasing at insurance auctions for our local wrecking yard. What that means is, he's going to try to find a car like mine, same color and all, that is totalled in the back or opposite side. If he's sucessful, then I can buy the parts off of that car at his cost, and just bolt them on. That would be ideal and cheapest.

If that doesn't work (ie. he can't find a matching car) then I'll have to have the body guys deal with it, which is fine 'cause I get a discount on that stuff, too, but it'll still cost me about $500 after materials and labor.... that damn paint for my car is expensive!

So yeah.. .I'm just waiting for now... hopefully Uncle Glen will get lucky, but either way, I plan on having it fixed before fall - I don't want any of the parts to rust. [Razz]

~LOA

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is why I am very very glad that my dad is quite proficient in bodywork. And I hope to learn it all from him so that, when the time comes that I get a dent, I can fix it myself. Take that, horribly expensive mechanics! [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
No, no one has the license plate #...

If I recall correctly and depending on whether this was a private run campground, you frequently must fill out a slip for your campsite which includes your license plate number. You've probably allready tried this. Nevermind. Sucks though. Lame people are lame.
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

Noperoonis... no license plate #..... they don't take that info. They just note how many cars total will be at your site, that's all... guess they figure it's a Christian festival so nothing TOO bad will happen [Wink]
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they paid any attention to history, they'd realize that mostly bad things would happen.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boo God Boo!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
This is why I am very very glad that my dad is quite proficient in bodywork. And I hope to learn it all from him so that, when the time comes that I get a dent, I can fix it myself. Take that, horribly expensive mechanics! [Smile]

But I've already learnt about computers. I can't be expected to learn about cars as well.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps