Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I fried my clutch! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I fried my clutch!
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take that back. Even the rear door, which has no little plastic clips at all, is still physically connected to the frame via the wiring for the window and the lock.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:

But, who knows? I'm moving back to the UK in six weeks and will be living in the West Country. Chances are I'll end up working in Swindon, which isn't a prospect I relish. That'll be about an hour each way.

No more New Zealand? What were you doing there anyway? Next you'll be back to French-Guiana! [Big Grin]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Family reasons.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...and it doesn't TAKE him a few weeks to put in new speakers..."

A few weeks? Even a novice ought to be able to put speakers into a car within a few hours...

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know how long it takes just to solder the basic wiring together? Not to mention making a mold for a button interface? And painting on those little digits and tags like 'preset' or 'tune'?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And that's just for a normal driver, not one who's had restraining orders taken against her by Bose, Sony and Blaupunkt.

--------------------

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN~ Well, it was a little more complex than just putting new speakers in.... he ran all new wiring through the car 'cause I wanted better stuff for the speakers... 12 gauge, I think.... and he was also soundproofing the car, so that takes time, too, but NOT several weeks. Maybe a few days, maybe, but weeks? Pleh.

As I said, I have a new installer. The first guy was free, but caused me stress. The new guy costs more, but causes me no stress. The world is a happy place [Smile]

Lee~ I have NO restraining orders against me, if that's what you are implying *L* In fact, take me into any stereo store in town, and they love me... it's like a party and stuff...! [Wink]

Lee
Member # 393

I can imagine. What is your opinion of Sony generally? We have something called an Xplod, plays CDs, CD-R Mp3s. . .

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOA: "he ran all new wiring through the car 'cause I wanted better stuff for the speakers... 12 gauge, I think...."

Yeah I always use that too, I've heard reports of 10 gauge sometimes ricocheting off windshields.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOA, we all know of your hatred of posting pictures of yourself, but what about a picture of your car?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A man is asking a woman advice on hi-fi equipment.

IT IS THE CRAZY BACKWORDS WORLD WE ARE ALWAYS THREATENED WITH COME TO SHOCKING LIFE!

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
LOA, we all know of your hatred of posting pictures of yourself, but what about a picture of your car?

I am going to get into metric assloads of trouble for daring to post this.

http://loaconstrictor.com/

Click on "My Car"

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a general rule, I'd rather be dipped in poop than buy a Sony product. My first amp was a Sony. Sony Xplode, no less. And that's what it did. It exploded. Pleh.

Sony is one of two things - it's REALLY REALLY BAD, or it's REALLY REALLY GOOD. And the really really good stuff is the really really expensive stuff. Like, for example, the Sony CDX-M9905X. This is a REALLY cool piece, and a pretty cutting edge technology. But it's stickered at over $600. Ouch. At that point, you may as well go to a full out video unit with a DVD player and stuff....

I love car audio...

Charles, you're gonna get it next time I'm in Seattle. I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Now would be a bad time to point out that her site's listed in her profile.)
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

Yes, yes it would [Razz]

And those pictures aren't even current... I mean, seriously.... they're like SOOOO out of date.

I'll have to update it now. Pleh. Website traffic sucks. It causes me more work. I'll update and get more pictures up this weekend.

Yuck.

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps