Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Tech assistance request (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Tech assistance request
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't get the job, did you dear?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that one, although I'm still waiting to hear back from another one.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! It's me again! [Big Grin] Not been around for a while - been SO BUSY! [Frown]

LOL! Got another technical question - IE related again!

Right, after every 5th or 6th IE window is opened, I get the following web page opened automatically (even though I've added it to my block list): http://540.filost.com/randonsites/banner.aspx

It's only happened in the last 2-3 weeks but is really bugging me - I gather it's from something I've installed, but can't for the life figure out what as I've taken the demos I installed off as I've finished with them. What else could it be and how the bloody hell do I get rid of the bugger?

Thanks in advance! [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1/ Run a scan for spyware.

2/ Install Firefox.

3/ Shout at Liam for being a hypocrite.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hijack This is a pretty useful diagnostic tool in situations like these.

I still don't have a bachelor's degree.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

They're over-rated.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I still don't have a bachelor's degree."

Snark: that is usually what happens when you quit school.

(Why did you, anyway? I thought you were this promising, last-best-hope-for-mankind philosophy/computer science dual major with big, big plans for the world? Did spell-checking obituaries and picking fruit really change you that much? Eh?)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Well, I have been picking fruit for longer than I have been a student.)

There's a whole dull minor crisis of identity thing which I will go into sometime when it isn't nearly five in the morning. But, like: adolescence has sort of become a holding pattern that I cannot get out of.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

Thanks for the advice - tried Ad-aware and Spyware software but it's still happening - any other ideas? [Confused]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had the same thing happen to me. Ultimately I ended up installing and using Mozilla (which I like much better than IE, thanks), and ran the spyware cleaners many times for a couple of weeks after. I'm still not sure if they cleaned out everything, but I haven't had any problems since then. Oh, and my wife still uses IE through her profile, but strangely enough it was only my profile that was having issues.

B.J.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps