Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Snay's Lego Battleship ... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Snay's Lego Battleship ...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, do you mean 1:1 where 1 is a lego minfig? I am.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, thanks for including 1200 images in your post?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome. There are actually only fourteen.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice touch with the security guy wearing red.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I wondered if anyone would notice ...

To answer a question of yours, Siggy, there are no portholes -- at least on the lower deck. I am building in a series of "doors" that will allow people to look inside the ship, and I think that's what you were looking at.

I have the forward 1/3rd of the lower deck finished - "doors" completed, bulkheads built up. I can't finish the aft section of the deck until I finish detailing the aft torpedo room and crew bunks. (I'm waiting on a Bricklink order to get the tiles I need for the last eleven bunks). I also need to add some last minute touches to the galley, and replace those "white ribs" in the mess with dark gray ones.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I started the rough-frame and early detail work on the forward 1/3rd of the upper deck.

-

You can't see the forward ladder well in this shot, but it's just to the left of the image. Walking forward from the ladder well is the ship's airlock, located to port. Forward of the airlock is Officers' Country. First is the Wardroom, and proceeding down the corridor are three two-person suites. At the end of the corridor is the captain's private quarters:

-

And here we have the rough-in of the captain's cabin. Quite spacious - office space, living room, and a bunk space. Apparently the C.O. either enjoys Egyptian culture or used to pilot a viper. The room divider is inspired by the officers' quarters of the original Star Trek.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be interesting to see a Stargate created out of Lego! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Okay.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhh yes, I HAVE seen that before. Were the Jaffa head-pieces an actual lego release!?! Was this a real Lego set?

Okay, how about a life-sized Stargate - with moving inner ring!?! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Ok, let's talk about my Lego creation, Andrew.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok.

quote:
I'm waiting on a Bricklink order to get the tiles I need for the last eleven bunks.
What's that? Where do you order your Lego if I may ask. Up to now I have always just recycled the pieces from my sets because I couldn't buy bulk Lego anywhere around here.
This limits my creations in some way in size and complexity... [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Take a gander here.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were you actually planning on building a battleship, or just the decks?
Are you going to model it after an actual design?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Nim,

I don't know if its going to be a battleship or not, but I am building the hull as well - that's part of the reason I'm waiting for Bricklink (I need more dark gray pieces). As you can see from the below picture, hull construction on the forward half of the ship is proceeding "according to schedule", and luckily for me, the Emperor won't be coming by to execute me any time soon.

-

And perhaps I should clarify - the ship isn't based on any actual design (and - it's a starship). My original design is modeled after a WWII submarine, to which I added. Y'know, stuff like a space-capable engine ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know there was a submarine based in Galveston. I'll have to spend an afternoon and go visit it and the battleship Texas. I'll take some friends; we'll make it a party.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps