Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Snay's Lego Battleship ... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Snay's Lego Battleship ...
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I need more dark gray pieces
You don't happen to have a certain Lego kit with the No. 10030? [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should have clarified - dark gray bricks, not plates. Also, dark gray slopes & inverted slopes.

[Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, I guess you could hire a couple of slopes to assemble the pieces for you, save you some time and sweat.
Make sure they never see your watch, though.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, okay Nim. I meant sloped bricks.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a big 10-4.
You know, you used to laugh more, before the war. Hm.

The front of the hull kind of looks like a wet-navy battleship, it had me fooled.

What's your angle, kind of like the Saratoga of Space: Above and Beyond (boxy and pragmatic) or Space Battleship Yamato (lots of slopes being used there, due to organic shape of the hull)?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

"before the war."

Them Klingon bastards.

Anyway ...

One of the early concepts was that a space-based fleet, in a pinch for ships, grabbed a submarine, slapped in a warp drive, and stuck it in space.

I realize that the ship will, in one way or another, be boxy. I'm hoping that the use of slopes and the rib design will help break up the boxiness.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps