Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » How not to "use the force" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: How not to "use the force"
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I had rehab on my hand after surgery, there were several seriously burned people that were going through the same (if far more extensive) processes.

After working next to them for so long, you lose that initial shock.

quote:
I see a Darwin Award honourable mention comming up at the very least...
I forsee a frivolous lawsuit against the toy's manufacturer or Lucasfilm itself.

After all, there was no disclaimer telling them not to fill it up with petrol....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be the height of irony if they were hoooked up to respirators that make that Darth Vader sound.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flourescent lights are neither toys nor (as far as I know) manufactured by any company owned by George Lucas.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Flourescent lights are neither toys nor (as far as I know) manufactured by any company owned by George Lucas.

is there any news updates on their condition? or pics? [Confused]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:

Yet- slap a Ep. III logo on them and they'll be in every happy meal...

I thought they had modded the sabre toys somehow (as I've seen flurscent tubing added to them at csci fi shows and online for sale).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
When I had rehab on my hand after surgery,

What happend to your hand? It wasn't friction burn was it? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Ahhh...I expected Liam to take that particular lead.

On new years (just after midnight) a friend tossed me a bookbag with the Stephen King novel It inside it.
The strap of the bag wrapped around my little finger annnnnd......severed all the tendons.

I had it rebuilt with the laser surgery (like, sci-fi fantastik!) and spend a year without the use of my right hand.

My writing is now very formal (like how an architect draws letters) from my having to re-learn how to write (I had to write for a while as though I was using a paintbrush).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow - that sucks! Didn't know that - sorry to hear it. YOU MADE THOSE MODELS with ONE HAND!?!

If so - or limited use of your right hand - that's pretty good Jason.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I had it rebuilt with the laser surgery
Hmm, are you sure it wasn't teh laser surgery? There's a distinction.

quote:
and spend a year without the use of my right hand
"...and for a while, the dead rested soundly in their graves, the pope regained some of his health and all was well with the world."
(Revelations, act V - the mid west)

For posterity, some friends and I once burned down a little wooden model of a mansion, using sugar and salpetre. The blue-green flames were impressive, but after a while we noticed the damage to the lawn. At night, hell was to be payed.

(also, the fumes made us cough in a way you're probably not supposed to cough)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hmm, are you sure it wasn't teh laser surgery?"

Surely, that would be "lasar".

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I was not Evil back then: I was a "Nice Guy".

It was back when I was 24- before I built any models (I've only been doing that about four years).

Strangely, the incident marked the start of what would be the worst year of my life- everything actually went downhill from there.

My little finger will never be completely straight again, but it works fine and there's no pain so it's allright.

A whole year of not being able to draw, paint, write, sculpt or well, anything was very difficult though.

As was sleeping with sutures and stitches for a couple of months- I kept rolling over onto my hand and waking up screaming!

But it's all in the past and it contributed to the wonderful mosaic of strange experiences that is me today. [Cool]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

They should have gone here.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They should have just used the toy lightsabers, they probably wouldn't have been burt THAT MUCH!!!

If you'll excuse me I'm going to build my own FTL starship. Since I don't have any matter/anti-matter, I'm just gonna fill a glass tube with ass-loads of flammable chemicals and then drop a match in the mixture. Hopefully the resulting explosion would have enough power for me to jump to warp...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You'll be FTL, straight to hell.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So let's see, that's 28 grams traveling at 1+ c (give or take a c), for about, what, 2000 miles? At what point below earth's surface does hell begin? Would there be a bang if a pea-sized object breaks the sound barrier when traveling through hot mud and dino turds?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps