Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Climate at "tipping point" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Climate at "tipping point"
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's my point. People go around saying "global warming isn't real", when what they really mean is "I don't think global warming is caused by people". The whole debate is bad enough without confusing it even further with inaccurate terminology.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess your right. I should have explained myself better. It made sense at the time.

I wonder what the world will be like after the next ice age. Pretty much all we've built will be demolished by the millions of tons of ice covering it. It'd be like the world pressed the Reset button and we have a fresh start.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What?? One gigantic Voyager episode!?! NOoooooo!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in south Florida- this crazy talk does not effect me in any way.
goes to stock up on hurricane supplies

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a decade or two you might be stocking up on Parka's and Snowshoes. When that happens, the only thing I'll have to say to you is: Welcome to MY World!

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

In a decade or two you might be stocking up on Parka's and Snowshoes. When that happens, the only thing I'll have to say to you is: Welcome to MY World!
*FUCK! another double post. Goddamn Firefox!*

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to think in Russian for it to work right...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get it. No, but Clint Eastwoon is the bomb, yo.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You have to think in Russian for it to work right..."

The statute of limitations on repeating your own joke is longer than seven months, chum.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Still works though whenever Firefox has a glitch
I always think of Eastwood about to black out in the cockpit of that silly looking plane...or in this case some Flarite making the same strained facial expressions as he's posting.

Yet, I'm honored you took the time to search for that- I'd forgotten it myself. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Isn't it 'welcome to his world', as you will be push so far south that we will all become USians. Fuck this global warming is pretty scary stuff.
Going to have to learn how to naturally say thing like " Yee Haw" "Can I borrow your gun" "Sure the iceage is punishment from god" " Do our kids really have to be brainwashed with that mantra every morning?"
It's going to be hell.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Da_bang80
Member # 528

What I meant by "my" world was snow and Ice and below 0 temps for half the year.

We got something in common, he lives on Americas Wang, and I live in a town named after a Dick Piercing...

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, by then most of Florida will be underwater. I plan on finding a nice high sone crag or escarpment upon which to build mysolar/wind/geothermal-powered home with the full greenhouse and the nearby artesian spring.

Architecture is interesting, but architecture geared toward surviving the next ice age is really fun! I only hope enough knowledge and smart people survive -- without becoming Morlocks -- that when things ease up again, we can sort of pick up where we left off. As it stands, iff too much is lost, then we're screwed, because a second Industrial Revolution would be practically impossible without readily exploitable coal and oil deposits.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Florida may be underwater at first due to the heat wave, but by the following ice age, it will definitely be high and dry.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At which time you could walk from Cuba to Florida instead of turning your car into a boat.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps